NCAA Basketball Betting - Nebraska at Iowa State
By Charles Jay
Okay, we grant that BetUS college basketball bettors may need a little NoDoz (that's NOT product placement) to stay awake during Saturday's Big 12 game between the Nebraska Cornhuskers (14-8 SU, 4-10 ATS) and the Iowa State Cyclones (13-12 SU, 9-8-1 ATS). But with these teams still harboring at least some kind of post-season hope, it should be hotly contested. The game, which takes place at the Hilton Coliseum in Ames, and is slated to tip off at 4 PM ET. Here are some of the NCAA basketball betting trends that relate to this matchup:
* NEB has covered two of its last nine games
* NEB has lost six of its last nine games SU
* NEB has lost nine of its last ten road games SU
* NEB has covered one of its last ten road games
* NEB has played four of its last five road games UNDER the total
* ISU is 2-4-1 ATS in its last seven games
* ISU has lost six of its last seven games SU
* ISU has won nine of its last 11 home games SU
* ISU has covered four of the last five meetings
* Four of the last six meetings have gone OVER the total
* ISU has won seven of the last nine meetings SU as the home team
* The road team has covered seven of the last eight meetings
* ISU has had the shooting edge in four of the last five meetings
Nebraska is tough as nails at home. On the road, well, not so good the Huskers have won and covered just one of their last ten games as a traveler, and they've given up nine points more in road games than their season's average. Iowa State is seeking a little revenge for its 64-56 loss at Lincoln on February 2, when the Cyclones were missing Wesley Johnson, their leading scorer at 13.2 ppg. However, Johnson has not come back to action with aplomb, averaging just 11 ppg on 32% shooting in his last three games.
Nebraska has limited opponents to just 37% shooting, which on the surface should work against an Iowa State team that is not known for its marksmanship (42.6%). And ISU is on a current run that might make it particularly accommodating, as it is just 37% in the last three. Even though the Huskers haven't been able to get out of their own way as the visitor, they may have the elements to keep matters within the kind of game they want to play - slow, slower, slowest, and with a lot of defensive stops.
We're going to be on the "take" with Nebraska, the road underdog in the BetUS NCAA basketball betting odds. JAY'S PREDICTION: NEBRASKA
CFH HMagic bball season.
Let my fred's Four Horsemen ride.
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.