I don't think that DG needs to develop a consistent three point shot, while if he did it would be great. All DG needs to be is at least a threat out there. Knock down a three at least every once in awhile.
Are you sure CB will be back next year?
I am not sure............:skeptical:
Wasn't there some talk last summer about us running the dribble drive offense that Memphis runs? It wouldn't really work this year because we had too many guys in the rotation who wouldn't be effective (Petey, Haluska and Lucca), but what about next year. Lucca is really the only guard I can think of right now that wouldn't be that effective driving, but maybe a year without a knee injury will help that. I think Eikmeier would be effective with a little more strength. I'm not sure about Christopherson, but with Garett, Buckley, Colvin, Gilstrap and Boozer, I think we have five guys who could definately take it to the hole. I think Eik and Christopherson could be effective in that their shooting would force teams to close out fast and a good pump fake would give them the opening.
My outlook for next year (short):
If Craig comes back we might not suck too bad.
If Craig does not come back we will suck that bad.
Would you consider Hurl Beechum and impact player his senior year? I don't think he did a lot during his earlier seasons. I'm sure glad we didn't give up on him.
I am not very sure DG would be a very good 2, considering he has no jump shot now. I just think he needs to work on finishing at the rim. I would much rather have him do that then try to develop a jumper.
sorry, i didn't mean to make it sound as if i am writing them off. But, what i do see between those three players is the fact that it seems that they bring the exact same thing to the table as the other two. I think there is room for these players on a team. One, maybe two but why we have three of them is beyond me. That is one of my biggest questions when it comes to MAC recruiting.
I thought ISU would have been better this year..... That will not happen.
Should ISU be better, Of Course. Will ISU be better, I doubt it.
It just seems like something Bad is going to happen to this team to keep them from Finishing higher than 9th Place in the Big 12.
After watching ISU for almost the last 3 years, it is clear to me that our Coach is not capable of putting together a TOP notch MBB program. I believe he is a good coach, but not a great coach.
Yes, he should be given another year or two, but I would keep expectations down to a point that we might achieve. Lets Finish in the Top half of the Big 12, make the NIT. That will be about as good as we can Dream with this Coaching Staff.
We will be a good team next year if...
A) Everybody comes back
B) Everybody who comes back, improves considerably
C) All of our redshirts and recruits perform at the peak of expectations
D) Everybody else in the league gets worse
Using those same assumptions, every other team in the league could make a case for big improvement and an NCAA bid. Unfortunately we haven't been very good lately at having any of the above come true.
A quick run-down of who is or may be leaving in the Big 12:
- Baylor is losing Jerrells, Dugat, and Rogers to graduation. (a little over half their PPG)
- Colorado isn't losing a damn thing.
- ISU has a 75% or so chance of losing Brackins.
- KU has a 50-50 shot at getting back both Aldrich and Collins.
- KSU is only losing Darren Kent.
- Mizzou is losing Carroll, Lyons, and Lawrence (half of their PPG) (and they have a 50-50ish chance of losing their coach to an SEC school)
- Nebraska is losing Harley, Dagunduro, and Velander to graduation. (almost half of their PPG)
- Oklahoma is losing both Griffins, Austin Johnson, and has a 75ish% chance of losing Willie Warren. (losing about 70% of their PPG)
- OSU is losing Eaton and Harris to graduation, and have about a 10% chance of losing James Anderson to the draft.
- Texas is losing Abrahms and Atchley to graduation; they have a 75% or so chance of losing James to the draft, and a 5% chance of Pittman and/or Johnson go pro.
- A&M is losing leading scorer Carter to graduation, but will likely return everyone else.
- Tech is losing Voskuil to graduation.