The athletic director said 2:30 ish for the public, I would go earlier.
tailgating starts at noon
Just show up now and follor HB around to all of his classes.
Also, Iowa State is:
- The only school with a sure opportunity to be the impact player immediately.
- Doesn't have to share NBA attention with every other member of the team who is also on an NBA track.
- He could remain active in local organizations, like his church.
- Business is about who you know (and if he stays in Iowa, anyone will return his call, regardless of the business school he attends).
- Forget business, down the road, he could run for Governor or Senator here.
I agree with those who have listed the many reasons why HB would want to go to ISU. The big reason he wouldn't is if he wants a better chance to play for a national championship or final 4, however that isn't guaranteed with any school (ask Raef LaFrentz). But if HB commits it should also open up the eyes of other top recruits around the country and help our recruiting, giving us a better chance to make good NCAA runs in the next few years. As somebody said, if HB comes here and leads us to new heights, he'll be bigger than Fred Hoiberg, who is just below God in Clone country. At any rate, I'll be at the Ames gym ready to explode into celebration if he does what I think he will. If not, I may let out a groan, but will applaud politely.
I'm currently sitting in the AHS gym. I was the first one here at 1:15 but folks are starting to trickle in. Media are arriving in force. There's no way this place won't be packed to the gills. As an aside, these little HS freshmen are mouthy little punks...