What a great website. In the second paragraph it makes SpokaneCy's point
The data for most stations extend through December, 1994, and a majority of the station records are complete for at least 80 years
80 years of United States weather records for a planet that is billions of years old.
Lol, you were wondering about the actual instruments used to measure climate data. There are techniques for estimating much further into the past. Of course these techniques have more error since they aren't direct measurements. I was just giving you the information YOU were curious about. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, its just unfortunate so many are willing to make such strong stances on such little information.
1) The point behind pointing out the problems with even well tested and understood weather models is that weather models all have inherited biases and inaccuracies. Why would the models used in this paper to prove all this be any different ? Do we know what the limitations are ? Which climate model is most accurate ? Heck, what are the names and who makes them ? You can easily find the short term weather models and who is responsible for them (ex: SREF, GFS, ECMWF, NAM, RUC...)
2) I'm sorry but I just dont buy this entire chain of thought for "global warming".
First you have to believe that the globe is warming. Then you have to believe that this warming is permanent and unnatural. Then you have to believe that man is the only reason for this. Then you have to believe man can reverse his damage
3) Can we have an impact on some weather features, yes ? For example, man clearly is making flooding worse with drainage tile, paving over everything, and dams and levees. Is Iowa flooding a 'global climate' ? Many normal years, flooding years and drought years make up a 'climate'.
Heck, Global warming actually started and stopped in the 1930s if you use weather records for the Midwest.
4) I'm not arguing that CO2 and Methane aren't 'green house gases'
5) You also have to believe all the weather tools are taking accurate readings. Did you know that almost no official National weather service weather stations meet all the official criteria so they aren't impacted by urban heat islands or passing vehicles ?
Levees can confine water for the neighbor upstream or downstream but dams are there to alleviate floods unless their flood pool is filled. So dams are okayto combat flooding.
CFH HMagic bball season.
Let my fred's Four Horsemen ride.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, its just unfortunate so many are willing to make such strong stances on such little information.
You mean, like the nut-jobs who believe that they can predict man-made global warming based about a microscopic amount of information involving trend analysis (which is next to impossible when you're IN the trend) about an incredibly complex system (the earth)?
Talking about having "little information?"
And feel free to take your smug, "you little people OBVIOUSLY don't know as much as us professionals" elsewhere.
Frankly, it's demeaning and tends to make others discount your point.
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.