Saw there were people with the Droid too and wondered if anyone had some apps they find useful or just fun. I haven't looked too hard at them yet.
Re: Droid Apps
I have the HTC Hero which is a Google Android phone...have had it for like 2 or so months now.
Here's a few
1) TasKiller - Visual task manager of all your stuff running in the background/foreground and you can shut down apps from here. Also has an ignore list..
2) Shazam - Same thing as the iPhone...If there's a song playing and you want to know what song it is, this listens and matches and tells you the title, artist, album, etc
3) mPuzzle - If you like stuff like Sodoku, Kakuro, etc puzzles...get this app. Has thousands of puzzles available for like 9 different types of puzzles and is a great way to waste time if you need to and still exercise the brain.
4) nru - I see you're from a small town, but if you're in a big city and need to know where to eat based on your GPS location, this is an app by Zagat (Zagat Ratings). It will show a cool interface and show you were restaurants and eateries are near you.
5) Open Table - Again, ever in a big city, you're out and about and need to reserve a place at a restaurant....you can do it with this if the restaurant has it enabled (I think a good number in most big cities now will)
To be honest, that's about all I use because this phone has built in Gmail, Google Maps, Google search, Weather, Stocks, Facebook, Browser, etc.
The two other things I do have is a barcode scanner which you can use your camera and frame a barcode in it and it'll search the web for it or amazon. The other one I use is like a dictionary app in case i need to define a word easily or what not.