*Official signees stats thread*

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@Cdn_ballers 1998 born Iowa St commit Lindell Wigginton erupted for 41 PTS Friday evening for Oak Hill, VA. #CdnBallers

And his full stat line.
@PrepCircut No. 12 Oak Hill G Lindell Wigginton (@LWigginton5): 41 PTS, 8 REB, 5 AST, 3 STL in a win vs Comenius @OHACoachSmith prepcircuit.com/game/show/1658…

It's going to rough to see Monte, Naz and Matt leave but LW is going to be fun to watch next year.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Terrance Lewis is Conference POY.

@WIPrepInsider Milwaukee Riverside Senior & Iowa State Commit Terrance Lewis (@lewisterrence98) was named Milwaukee City Conference POY. #WIPrepInsider

And

@MarkStewartMJS Riverside's Terrence Lewis (@lewisterrence98) is named City player of the year; Vincent's Ravonte Dantlzer selected as coach of the year.

Last edited:

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Very intrigued by Lewis. I think the key to how good we are next year is him and Weiler-Babb at the 3. We're going to have some legit size and length at that position. Weiler-Babb taking a step forward with his scoring and Lewis coming in ready to play 20 min/game, hit some 3's, and provide length could be the difference between NIT and NCAA tourney.

No worries about Wigginton coming in to join Jackson and Young as the core of next year's team. Also, cautiously optimistic about McNeill but I think he will really shine through in his sophomore campaign once he's had a year to add some weight. It's going to be a fun future.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Next year will be a shock to the system in a way, but also fun in a way that I think we could use. No real expectations (except from the crazies), but a team that oozes potential, both for that year and for the coming years.
Agreed, I am not expecting the results like the football team this year, but I do see the growth and progression happening with this basketball team like it did with our football team.

They will start with some shakey games in non-con and people will freak out a little bit(probably call for CSP's job) when we lose 2-3 or 3-4 in early conference play, and then we will make strides throughout conference play to make a late push. I am not going to be betting on the clones to make the tourney next year, but I don't think it is impossible.

It'll be the first time in a handful of years that we can watch a team truly take strides(hopefully) and watch them grow before our eyes. I just hope they do it sooner rather than later:rolleyes:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
So Terrance Lewis is shooting 57.1% from the 3 Pt line and 71.5% from the field... that's pretty good right?

Nick-Swardson-Being-Sarcastic-About-His-High-Score-In-Grandmas-Boy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Doc

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't get the NCAA talk, although we are spoiled now in that regard. Which is cool. But Wigginton(even if as great as expected) , Babb, Lewis, Donovan(somewhat as a starter), Young,and whomever plays the 4 or 5 are still relatively inexperienced when it comes to big12 play. I think an NIT bid would be the ceiling.

We are losing five seniors in our top rotation of 8 players. Guessing here, but I would imagine over 80% of our scoring!!! Think about how talented OU is (and yes, they have talent) but to do damage this year with so much inexperience was hard for Kruger to do, and he's a dang good coach.

Look, I love what Prohm has done with our defensive improvement. And I hope to heck we can have improved rebounding next year. But to expect an NCAA spot on the bubble seems overly optimistic, imo. Of course, we'll all be cheering our heads off every game with that hope.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I don't get the NCAA talk, although we are spoiled now in that regard. Which is cool. But Wigginton(even if as great as expected) , Babb, Lewis, Donovan(somewhat as a starter), Young,and whomever plays the 4 or 5 are still relatively inexperienced when it comes to big12 play. I think an NIT bid would be the ceiling.

We are losing five seniors in our top rotation of 8 players. Guessing here, but I would imagine over 80% of our scoring!!! Think about how talented OU is (and yes, they have talent) but to do damage this year with so much inexperience was hard for Kruger to do, and he's a dang good coach.

Look, I love what Prohm has done with our defensive improvement. And I hope to heck we can have improved rebounding next year. But to expect an NCAA spot on the bubble seems overly optimistic, imo. Of course, we'll all be cheering our heads off every game with that hope.
I don't think anyone is saying we are a tournament team as our roster stands now. If we get the pieces we are hoping for, I think an NCAA tournament is definitely achievable.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't think anyone is saying we are a tournament team as our roster stands now. If we get the pieces we are hoping for, I think an NCAA tournament is definitely achievable.

Not sure the juco pieces that we are recruiting can carry us that high, but nothing wrong with having optimism. I just think a lot of the big12. TCU, Tech, OU, and Texas all better next year. We will be picked 10th preseason next year by the coaches would be my guess.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I'm not sure why the media doesn't talk more about Terrence Lewis. He looks to me like he could come in and start next year. Don't really see a flaw in his game from his highlight tape, which is of course is a highlight tape.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

We are really far off as it stands now. If Prohm can add more talent and take us to a 7th straight, then he needs to be in consideration for B12 coach of the year next season.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I enjoy how some of you are attempting to make viable arguments about the capabilities of a team that doesn't even exist yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I enjoy how some of you are attempting to make viable arguments about the capabilities of a team that doesn't even exist yet.

True. But majority do it in most sports at every level. Whether its analysts, fans, media, etc. but you're right. We don't even know who's all on the roster yet. Which makes it even more questionable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron