Self Service Beer KC

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
What a great idea. Sitting here in KC with 30 taps in front of me, all self serve. Ruins Pub, check it out.

Reactions: 1100011CS

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Reactions: dmclone

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
What a great idea. Sitting here in KC with 30 taps in front of me, all self serve. Ruins Pub, check it out.

A restaurant in Cedar Rapids tried out that concept for... I think it was three years. The first version of the restaurant had an unfortunate name (101 Gastropub), so it was difficult to tell if the concept was worthwhile. The second incarnation of that same restaurant had a name change, but I'm told it was not only saddled with a lot of debt from the first restaurant, but also saddled with increasingly poor management. Anyhow, the concept has a black eye in CR. It will be interesting to see if it gains acceptance elsewhere. Quite frankly, I believe this concept only cuts out the beertender, which conflicts with my desire to keep money local (for example, I go to Menards instead of Lowe's or HomeDepot simply because Menards hires real people to man the checkouts). It also requires the use of a credit or debit card. I buy local beer with cash only.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron