*Official signees stats thread*

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm excited about Darius, but I think he's gonna need more of an adjustment to B12 ball. Lots of guys look like true PGs until they actually face B12 level defense.
Is he a true pg? I think he looks like a guy that will fit in with our versatile backcourt of combo guards, albeit more of a pg than Wiggi. I remember when Morris was billed as a combo guard and looked pretty similar at that stage. It's one of the biggest reasons why Fred wanted him so badly.

He's not as physical as Wiggington, but his game may translate better at first when Wiggington finds out putting your head down and driving is a lot harder against Big 12 players

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Is he a true pg? I think he looks like a guy that will fit in with our versatile backcourt of combo guards, albeit more of a pg than Wiggi. I remember when Morris was billed as a combo guard and looked pretty similar at that stage. It's one of the biggest reasons why Fred wanted him so badly.

He's not as physical as Wiggington, but his game may translate better at first when Wiggington finds out putting your head down and driving is a lot harder against Big 12 players

Whatever you say.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Hard to predict how any of the freshman will adapt to Big 12. Lots of opportunity next year. It will be fun to who plays what role.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cydkar and jim4

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Haha, I really don't know. I sounded like an ass, but I'm going to agree with your opinion on this one. ;)
It's going to be fun to find out! Probably frustrating, too.

I know I'm wrong, no one will be like Morris, but McNeil looks similar in terms of size and handle. More athletic even. But Monte has unequaled instincts and also had Kane to shoulder the load and teach him his freshman year. If he's half as good, we'll be winning.

Part of me wishes Jackson did redshirt. I'd love to see a Jackson, Wiggington, McNeil, Babb, and Lewis backcourt in 2018-19 with Young and Lard in the frontcourt.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

Wigginton. Wigginton. Wigginton. The guy is playing here for a while; PLEASE learn to spell it correctly.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Shows 57 of 94 on threes for 60%. That is great if correct.

I don't think it is. If you look at the the stats from the individual games, a few games have him down for 3 made threes on 0 attempts. Who knows how many times he was given extra credit.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I can't wait to see what Terrence Lewis' official stats are when they get published in a Milwaukee paper somewhere. I feel like the kid's averaging a double-double, 24-10 or something like that

SBMcDunk

Nov 19, 2008
Ames, IA
Anyone see any updates on stats for Lewis? Looks like his team lost so their season is over I believe
I did find that he lost out on Mr. Basketball to a point guard going to Wisconsin who plays in the conference where Scott Christopherson played

Last edited:

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
@Cade4ISU Lindell Wigginton is averaging 20.1 points, 4.4 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game. 38% from 3. (37-97). 80% free throw shooter.
Nice to see actual stats. Thanks. Would love to see stats from the other two. Know nothing about McNeil

SBMcDunk

Nov 19, 2008
Ames, IA
I can't wait to see what Terrence Lewis' official stats are when they get published in a Milwaukee paper somewhere. I feel like the kid's averaging a double-double, 24-10 or something like that

Found this on the wissports.net website for their shooter of the year finalists from 3/8/17.

Terrence Lewis, 6-6, Milwaukee Riverside – An electrifying player who can really heat up from the perimeter, Lewis is averaging 26.6 points and 10.0 rebounds while playing for his father and coach, Tyrone (Rock) Lewis. The Iowa State recruit has scored more than 1,800 career points and enters sectional play with 57 made three-point shots.