Help: Homepage loading as text only, but forum is fine

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hey there --

Odd problem that popped up on the site a few days ago.

I use Chrome, if that is any help.

When loading the home page or any content pages (the articles about the games this weekend, stuff like that, all that lovely content), the pages load as text only, like this...

upload_2017-3-20_0-21-23.png

upload_2017-3-20_0-21-54.png

It all looks like the Internet from 1999 or something like that.

Soon as I click through one of the links to the forum, however, all is well.

Any idea what might be causing this? It is no huge issue -- all the content is there, even if looking strange by modern sensibilities -- but I thought to share and see if there is a workaround.

Thanks, ~Sigmapolis

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well, now I just saw this...

upload_2017-3-20_0-25-33.png

...in the URL.

Looking around, I found this explanation of it...

upload_2017-3-20_0-25-54.png

I was able to override it and now it "works" now in the normal fashion.

Easy to fix it by making the extra click for the override, but I thought I should share nonetheless given this cropped up on me all the sudden if either...

-- CF needs something fixed
-- or if I need a more permanent fix

...given I had no problems with this until like Friday. Thanks!

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I have this exact same problem. I will try the override, but wondering why all of a sudden my computer is telling me that CycloneFanatic is an unsafe site?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sames. Ain't no way I am doing the override though since anti-virus picked up a virus at the same time (a java script downloader one). Downside is I cannot access any of the articles the staff posts, not even through the links they include in their forum promo posts.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sames. Ain't no way I am doing the override though since anti-virus picked up a virus at the same time (a java script downloader one). Downside is I cannot access any of the articles the staff posts, not even through the links they include in their forum promo posts.

You can still read them as plain HTML.

I have a CF homepage/content that looks like it from 1996 but a pretty modern-looking forum at the moment. So I have that going for me.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Same thing here. logged in. This happened two weeks ago and then was normal for 10 days and then back to this.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Ok guys. We know what is ultimately wrong and are working it get it fixed.

In the meantime, if you clear your browers cache, that will work for now. I was able to replicate the same problem and it worked for me. Should have a permanent fix by the end of the day.