Shakur Juiston on njcaatv.com tonight

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Ha, yep.

I noticed Bragg didn't play last night for KU. Making room I'd guess. It's interesting how Self gets away with so many big time recruiting busts

Busts happen at every school, it's just that KU's are 4 and 5 star busts, whereas our will typically be 3 stars.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Ha, yep.

I noticed Bragg didn't play last night for KU. Making room I'd guess. It's interesting how Self gets away with so many big time recruiting busts

Yeah, what was up w/ Bragg not playing? Not saying he's been great, but has been in the rotation. As for Juiston's tweets, there were many retweets from KUHoops...not liking that. Hope our staff gets rewarded for all their efforts but he may be KU's to lose.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Now things will get more interesting. Well start seeing who stays and leaves from the teams currently courting Juiton. Fingures crossed he will want to commit to his school sooner rather than later.

Alex Halsted‏ @AlexHalsted 37m
Iowa State's top JUCO target Shakur Juiston scored 18 points and grabbed 13 boards as Hutchinson won the NJCAA national title last night.

Alex Halsted‏ @AlexHalsted 39m
The 6-foot-7 Juiston was named the MVP of the tournament. With his JUCO career over, his recruitment should now move forward.

Last edited:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Well Xavier thought enough of him to offer him a scholarship. I wonder if he could have really helped us this year?

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Juco recruiting rankings can be a crapshoot.
I looked at their 2015 rankings:
-Manyang, who did nothing at OU, ahead of Boucher and Acuil.
-Dale Jones at 7.
-Jordan Washington at 57.
And Fwiw, Kasongo at 24.

Agreed... Started me down the rabbit hole too.

2013 ISU Commits
Jameel McKay #3
Dustin Hogue #30
KJ Bluford #59

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, what was up w/ Bragg not playing? Not saying he's been great, but has been in the rotation. As for Juiston's tweets, there were many retweets from KUHoops...not liking that. Hope our staff gets rewarded for all their efforts but he may be KU's to lose.
It's hard not to notice how much he retweets KU stuff.
Couple of others that ISU has been linked to in the past.

Eden Ewing #8 (Purdue Commit)

De'Quon Lake #15

Daryl Edwards #23

Raynere Thornton #48
Such a crapshoot. I like Thornton a lot.

One thing is certain, there will be jucos that make a big impact at the next level that are not high on the list. I wonder where Johnson for Mo St was ranked? Remember when we took Phillips over Clyburn from the same Marshalltown team?

igraves679

Aug 9, 2016
What is Juiston's twitter handle, I have not been able to find it?

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Why are we not going after Tony Farmer or Antone Warren? Anybody heard anything
I think Juiston is going to KU....

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
We need this guy. Bad. IMO if he commits to Iowa State, he brings our chances of going to our 7th straight from about 20% to 70% by himself. Looks like a difference maker that we could really use.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Warren is going pro, meaning he probably had grade issues. Farmer spent 3 years in prison for kidnapping so there's your answer why we're not recruiting.
I wonder if Fran knows about him--Farmer? He HAS recruited felons in the past. And this would be the first farmer that the U of I actually helped.