ISU and Iowa among least fair-weather fans in America

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let's talk about the slumlords that rent houses around Kinnick. So when you rent houses, you actually rent just the house. Not the yard, not the driveway, just the house. Oh so during gameday the slumlord can fill the yard with port a pots, you have to park your car someplace in outer Mongolia.

Only place I know where you have to pay $800-$1,000 just to park you car on the street. Unfortunately, I have a daughter that goes their and told her they other day "You just need to get the hell out of that place!!" I have never seen such city so blood thirsty for money (parking system). You talk about our AD, I talk about the cesspool black and gold town (aka Iowa City). Already counting down the days that I have to make my final trip over to that place.

I'm sorry your daughter went to the dark side hopefully it is for a good major.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I don't want to bog down the ISU threads that have nothing to do with Iowa. See my post above, I make a simple statement and people around here want to argue it forever.
It's not "bogging down threads" if you have something meaningful to contribute. That's all it takes.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
It's not "bogging down threads" if you have something meaningful to contribute. That's all it takes.

That isn't how it would go down and I think you know that. For instance it would go over like a wet blanket in a regular thread that A Hawk fan thinks Painter outcoached Prohm. It is my honest opinion, but it certainly wouldn't be taken kindly.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That isn't how it would go down and I think you know that. For instance it would go over like a wet blanket in a regular thread that A Hawk fan thinks Painter outcoached Prohm. It is my honest opinion, but it certainly wouldn't be taken kindly.
All you have to do is make a reasonable argument as to why. You and I had that exact conversation, back and forth, and it went fine. We have regular posters here who are both Hawk fans and good contributors, it's really not as difficult as you make it sound.

Yes, some people will be d***heads. You just have to do what the rest of us normal people do and ignore them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I make a simple statement and people around here want to argue it forever.

You posted about attendance and making fun of ISU ticket costs
I called you out for being hypocritical because Iowa was trying to do an illegal contest
You refuted it by saying it was for 5 free tickets
I said it wasn't and gave proof
You ignored it and kept on trucking along and decided to not respond

Seems like your simple statements are also alternative facts.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
All you have to do is make a reasonable argument as to why. You and I had that exact conversation, back and forth, and it went fine. We have regular posters here who are both Hawk fans and good contributors, it's really not as difficult as you make it sound.

Yes, some people will be d***heads. You just have to do what the rest of us normal people do and ignore them.

I don't do well at ignoring d***heads.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You posted about attendance and making fun of ISU ticket costs
I called you out for being hypocritical because Iowa was trying to do an illegal contest
You refuted it by saying it was for 5 free tickets
I said it wasn't and gave proof
You ignored it and kept on trucking along and decided to not respond

Seems like your simple statements are also alternative facts.

I had forgotten Iowa was giving away tuition with that contest. When they found it wasn’t allowed they stopped.

Plus I didn’t start this whole thing. As I just posted above I don’t do well at ignoring things, and the fact is ISU fans flame Hawks a lot in this forum. I probably take too much of the bait. 8 Posts into a thread about both teams having loyal fans a Clone fan flames Hawk crowds at Carver, and I took the bait and fired back.

Iowa ticket sales were down, so they used a contest to try to boost sales. Is that better or worse, or no different than ISU pricing their tickets way lower than Iowa to get fans to come? Lets say Iowa did give away 5 free tuitions, lets say that is worth $20K apiece that is a $100K giveaway. If they would instead sell a student season ticket at ISU prices ($125 vs $150) they would lose $250K (around 10,000 student tickets sold) or 2.5X the contest they were trying to use to spur sales.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa ticket sales were down, so they used a contest to try to boost sales. Is that better or worse, or no different than ISU pricing their tickets way lower than Iowa to get fans to come?
Typically breaking the law is worse than lowering prices.
Jack-kelly.jpg

Reactions: MeowingCows

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa ticket sales were down, so they used a contest to try to boost sales. Is that better or worse, or no different than ISU pricing their tickets way lower than Iowa to get fans to come? Lets say Iowa did give away 5 free tuitions, lets say that is worth $20K apiece that is a $100K giveaway. If they would instead sell a student season ticket at ISU prices ($125 vs $150) they would lose $250K (around 10,000 student tickets sold) or 2.5X the contest they were trying to use to spur sales.

I though all Iowa events were always sold out.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Typically breaking the law is worse than lowering prices.
Jack-kelly.jpg

No harm no foul, they didn't end up doing it. Unfortunately ISU actually does have to sell season tickets at $125, $175, and $250, and they still don't come close to selling out.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Remember being 10-0 on senior day with everything to play for yet in the season and not selling out?

Yes, I also remember 6-10 inches of snow also falling the night before an 11 AM kickoff.

Will you post a pic from the last time ISU took the field as a 10-0 squad?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yes, I also remember 6-10 inches of snow also falling the night before an 11 AM kickoff.

Will you post a pic from the last time ISU took the field as a 10-0 squad?

Nice deflection.

I'm pretty sure fans knew about senior day and the way the season was going long before they knew snow was in the forecast.

But hey, glad to know you had prepared excuses.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Nice deflection.

I'm pretty sure fans knew about senior day and the way the season was going long before they knew snow was in the forecast.

But hey, glad to know you had prepared excuses.

So you don't have a pic of a 10-0 ISU team taking the field?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
The fact that you have to deflect after making excuses and then stick to it when we both know what you're trying to get at is exactly the point. Carry on, troll.

Will you unlock the other Iowa ball thread so I can comment in it and then lock it back up again? #modpower

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I had forgotten Iowa was giving away tuition with that contest. When they found it wasn’t allowed they stopped.

Plus I didn’t start this whole thing. As I just posted above I don’t do well at ignoring things, and the fact is ISU fans flame Hawks a lot in this forum. I probably take too much of the bait. 8 Posts into a thread about both teams having loyal fans a Clone fan flames Hawk crowds at Carver, and I took the bait and fired back.

Look at the big brain on this guy. No ****, and you know what else? Water is wet.