Basketball new juco commit?

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Count me in as wanting this guy regardless of the remaining options. We'd get him for three years as opposed to the 2 or only 1 year of the other guys we're looking at. Plus, if he's really only played 1 year of organized basketball and put up those numbers than we really could have a potential monster here.

Some of those dunks were an insane display of athleticism. The last bit of explosiveness that got him to the hoop few have.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think this videos been posted in a thread before, but he's definitely a wing guy, not so much post. He's really athletic and has a good hesitation blow-by move getting to the basket, but obviously doesn't have great outside shooting numbers.

So Old School includes a period where I was over 30. What am I, Ancient School?

• Funny
Reactions: demoncore1031

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
are you sure he is a 4? I thought he was more of a 2/3. But if he is a 4, he better be an extreme mismatch to compensate for that smallish size for that position.

He's a 6'4" version of Juiston. Slasher, great athlete, but zero shot. I'm guessing he's not a great passer if he's only been playing for two years.

The Kenny Pratt example is probably a good one.

At this point I'm just hoping we land Morrow and can get our young guys lots of experience for 2018.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Nobody on here ever watched Kenny Pratt play at ISU..

We would definitely sign more SG/SF's...We need scorers..

I get the mentality of we have this kid for 3 years as opposed to 1 year, however its all about 2017 right now..not 2020.

Where are you seeing 3 years of eligibility?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
are you sure he is a 4? I thought he was more of a 2/3. But if he is a 4, he better be an extreme mismatch to compensate for that smallish size for that position.
I think he is a 2/3, but I was replying to somebody who said he would be more of a 4.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It looks like we offered him out of high school too.

that is interesting. where did you see that? How could we have offered him out of high school if he didn't even play high school bb? Anyway, if so maybe our coaches saw him play some how some way and like what they saw.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The staff has been on this kid since at least last summer. Here's an article from Jared from July 2016:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2016/07/recruiting-florida-pg-and-juco-guard-pick-up-isu-offers/
Davion Cole-Johnson
Cole-Johnson averaged 18.2 points per game last season for Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C. as a freshman. The 6-foot-4-inch, prospect is listed as a forward on the MGCCC website, but it seems likely that he would shift into a guard role at the college level.

He is a capable 3-point shooter and shot 31.6 percent from behind the arc during his first season with the Bulldogs. He’s an above average rebounder for his height which shows from his 5.6 boards per game.

There isn’t any film on Cole-Johnson, not surprising for a JUCO, but there really isn’t much else to find about him either. That isn’t uncommon with JUCO players but it is a little odd that it is nearly impossible to find anything about his high school game.
It does appear as though Cole-Johnson found himself in a bit of legal trouble a couple years back which could explain why this talented scorer ended up in the JUCO ranks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron