Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We all have our appendixes. Did have a niece have one rupture.

Only one of us, one of the boys, doesn't have tonsils. They were going to take mine out when I was 29, found out I was pregnant, and still have them 27 years later.

• Friendly
Reactions: dirtyninety

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
A stadium at Oklahoma City University sustained severe damage due to strong winds. Bleachers from the stadium blew across the street into a house.

View image on Twitter
C-mwv7pV0AAXKnV.jpg:small

Follow
Chris McBee

✔@McBeeWX

Bleachers from the OCU stadium blown across the street into a house at 28th & Blackwelder in #OKC. #okwx

3:04 PM - 29 Apr 2017

Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The stands in Oklahoma yard reminded me of wind blow stuff I've seen. What's the weirdest or oddest windblow thingy you have seen.

Mine:

1. Tornado in my hometown when I was a kid. Frying pan drivin handle first into a tree trunk. Some tornado was seen passing high but directly over the old elementary school we were all in that afternoon. Dropped down a few blocks east of the school.

2. A few years ago a tornado passed a couple blocks from me. Walked down the street and one of the folks from the neighborhood was carrying his Coleman Old Town canoe back from the park. It had been lifted out of his yard and deposited a few blocks away. Undamaged. I thought it would make a good Coleman commercial. All I had was big chucks of warehouse roof insulation in my yard from the Hersey warehouse in St. Louis Park, maybe a couple miles from my house. Was watching the news and a reporter was lifting pieces of the demolished roof to show people and I recognised it. No candy bars though.

Reactions: wxman1

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
found my official results, confirmed that I was faster than last year (used a different running app this year vs. last so wasn't 100% sure). Nine seconds faster per mile and about 50 seconds faster total. Missed my Jan 1 goal of cutting 30 seconds per mile, but as spring went on, I knew that was untenable with the lack of time I had for training. But considering I thought I'd end up 2-3 minutes slower total, cutting time is still making me happy :)

Now last night husband of couple friends who ran asked about doing a 10k the end of the summer. I'm like wait to ask until I get back from the UK and see how far I've regressed!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
also going to try making carnitas for the first time tonight, gotta quickly hit my "one new recipe a month" goal.

Probably not as good as what GTO could make, but we'll give it a whirl. Need to do something soon for May, too. Maybe a dessert for DH's birthday. He's always wanted some kind of peanut butter pie/cheesecake, maybe I'll do that.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You gonna be SO out of shape! :rolleyes:

#fatcorgihomeland

I mean, we should be doing a lot of walking but I won't be getting many runs in! Not even planning to take those shoes and not sure I want to try running in my hiking shoes, comfy though they are. Plus I'm sure we'll eat back a good bit of those walking calories ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I mean, we should be doing a lot of walking but I won't be getting many runs in! Not even planning to take those shoes and not sure I want to try running in my hiking shoes, comfy though they are. Plus I'm sure we'll eat back a good bit of those walking calories ;)

You'll do fine. Eat, drink and be merry, you are on vacy!

BTW, fat basenji boy gained another two pounds per the scale at LifeTime. I don't think it's muscle weight. :oops: Going to try out the knee soon, maybe this week.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The stands in Oklahoma yard reminded me of wind blow stuff I've seen. What's the weirdest or oddest windblow thingy you have seen.

Mine:

1. Tornado in my hometown when I was a kid. Frying pan drivin handle first into a tree trunk. Some tornado was seen passing high but directly over the old elementary school we were all in that afternoon. Dropped down a few blocks east of the school.

2. A few years ago a tornado passed a couple blocks from me. Walked down the street and one of the folks from the neighborhood was carrying his Coleman Old Town canoe back from the park. It had been lifted out of his yard and deposited a few blocks away. Undamaged. I thought it would make a good Coleman commercial. All I had was big chucks of warehouse roof insulation in my yard from the Hersey warehouse in St. Louis Park, maybe a couple miles from my house. Was watching the news and a reporter was lifting pieces of the demolished roof to show people and I recognised it. No candy bars though.

Not too wierd, but it is wierd that I have had turkey decoys blow away and I always found them and one of those 8$ kiddie pools from Walmart has blown away like 4 times from my home.....I always obsess and go looking for it and I found it like all 4 times. I freaking 8$ Walmart kiddie pool....I'm so hurtn'.

Status
Not open for further replies.