Iowa Beat Writers

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
OK here is what I've gathered over the last year on Iowa's main beat writers:

Chad - Lol where to begin with this guy. He worships Kirk and really likes Fran. Long time Iowa season ticket holder before he got in the industry. He has also spent some holidays with the Bohannon family and Jordan and him consider each other close friends

Eickholt - The worst offender by far. He has no credibility among coaches or the players. He'll try to write great things about the players so they'll allow him to go party with them

***The biggest thing with him is he pocketed his 247 per diem and shared a room with Frank Garza in Indianapolis for the NCAA Tournament***

Kakert - More of an Iowa basketball fan than football. He was legitimately distraught about the Bohannon news

Harty - Nobody takes him serious obviously

Doc - Zero credibility nationally because of his bias towards Iowa. He gets mocked a lot in the industry

Sanderson/Bock/Eickholt - All at the mercy of Iowa's football coaches, specifically Tyler Barnes. Barnes tells them what kind of content and how much content to put out on recruits or he'll make sure the recruits don't do interviews. They all willingly do it as they feel they are supporting the program they love by doing it

All of them are terrified of getting their credentials pulled and write and report with that in mind. There isn't a single person on the Iowa beat that isn't a huge Hawkeye fan actually.

Anyone or anything else I'm missing you guys have heard stuff on?

Last edited:

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

Chad - Lol where to begin with this guy. He worships Kirk and really likes Fran. Long time Iowa season ticket holder before he got in the industry. He has also spent some holidays with the Bohannon family and Jordan and him consider each other close friends

Eickholt - The worst offender by far. He has no credibility among coaches or the players. He'll try to write great things about the players so they'll allow him to go party with them

*The biggest thing with him is he pocketed his 247 per diem and shared a room with Frank Garza in Indianapolis for the NCAA Tournament*

Kakert - More of an Iowa basketball fan than football. He was legitimately distraught about the Bohannon news

Sanderson/Bock/Eickholt - All at the mercy of Iowa's football coaches, specifically Tyler Barnes. He tells them what kind of content and how much content to put out on recruits and they all willingly do it as they feel they are supporting the program they love by doing it

All of them are terrified of getting their credentials pulled and write and report with that in mind. There isn't a single person on the Iowa beat that isn't a huge Hawkeye fan actually.

Don’t forget Randy Peterson - hawk fan who got assigned to us.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019

*The biggest thing with him is he pocketed his 247 per diem and shared a room with Frank Garza in Indianapolis for the NCAA Tournament*

Doc - Zero credibility nationally because of his bias towards Iowa. He gets mocked a lot in the industry

Sanderson/Bock/Eickholt - All at the mercy of Iowa's football coaches, specifically Tyler Barnes. Barnes tells them what kind of content and how much content to put out on recruits or he'll make sure the recruits don't do interviews. They all willingly do it as they feel they are supporting the program they love by doing it

Didnt the Rag just bring in some new guy to cover them? Not sure of a name but thought i saw that. Poor soul better step in line quick or they will pull his credentials and have him neutered.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA

what about Morehouse? didn't he encourage Iowa fans to go after officials after an Iowa game? Also, who was the reporter who got in trouble for cheering for the Hawks in the press box?

Reactions: CyBobby

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What about Dochterman? I saw where he taught a sportswriting class at Iowa for a semester back in 2017.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

You forgot the black sheep Howe.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
what about Morehouse? didn't he encourage Iowa fans to go after officials after an Iowa game? Also, who was the reporter who got in trouble for cheering for the Hawks in the press box?
Yes Morehouse did but he's not on the beat now so he's full time Hawkeye homer

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What about Dochterman? I saw where he taught a sportswriting class at Iowa for a semester back in 2017.
I included him. He's a nice guy but yeah nationally no respect. The Athletic wasn't too happy about his Heisman vote I know

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I'm looking forward to kirk bullying them after Iowa starts 0-2.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
shared a room with Frank Garza in Indianapolis for the NCAA Tournament

200w.webp

• Winner
Reactions: casey1973

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Who was it who asked about Pineapple pizza days after how many former black players had the courage to finally say something about the two decades of ignored discrimination by Kirk?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Little off topic, but is it these jokers that are nominating EUI players for every national award season after season? I mean their TE looks decent but his stats are nothing great but he is somehow up for the best TE in the nation award and he was last year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Little off topic, but is it these jokers that are nominating EUI players for every national award season after season? I mean their TE looks decent but his stats are nothing great but he is somehow up for the best TE in the nation award and he was last year.
Yes

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Dockerman is the worst. He tried to write about Iowa State in The Athletic last fall when his beloved hoks weren't playing and got exposed by some readers for the hok shill that he is.

Reactions: CyBobby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron