RECRUITING: '25 quarterback Alex Manske gives recruitment update

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Welcome to Iowa State Alex. As you already know, There is no other place like it. I am sure this is a happy day for you and your family too.

To make some of you feel better about your ages, I was in sports with Alex' grandfather and great uncles, as well as Jack's grandfather.

If I had to place a bet, Jack could easily be headed to Nebraska as both of his parents played major sports there. I know nothing about the Clear Lake athlete except that he is also highly coveted by major programs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Welcome to Iowa State Alex. As you already know, There is no other place like it. I am sure this is a happy day for you and your family too.

To make some of you feel better about your ages, I was in sports with Alex' grandfather and great uncles, as well as Jack's grandfather.

If I had to place a bet, Jack could easily be headed to Nebraska as both of his parents played major sports there. I know nothing about the Clear Lake athlete except that he is also highly coveted by major programs.
Well, clear lakes coach is Jared DeVries. Where do you think he is getting pushed to?

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Unlikely from what I've heard, most likely TOE. His family has spent a lot on the Algona facilities, nicer ones around.
heard nebraska. want to feel old my son played on the same team as his dad. nice pickup

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
During his trip to Ames for Iowa State’s homecoming football game against Kansas this fall, Manske spoke to former Cyclone Brock Purdy, who punched his ticket into the Super Bowl on Sunday.

“It’s definitely really cool,” Manske said. “I’ve like watched in the four years he was at Iowa State and stuff. Getting to talk to him was a pretty surreal moment – (I was) just thinking, ‘I’m have him in Fantasy Football and then I’m talking to him right now.’ So it was definitely really cool to see him succeed and can’t wait to watch them in the Super Bowl for sure.”

Having pros that are great people and also great ISU representatives is something I can get used to.
Man, if he talks as poorly as this reads and he plays fantasy football, which is like the gateway drug to sports betting, I'm a little worried we have Hunter Dekkers 2.0 on our hands.

(Insert jimlad if necessary)

• Wow
Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
heard nebraska. want to feel old my son played on the same team as his dad. nice pickup
That is definitely a possibility. What I was told was if he stayed in-state it would be Iowa over ISU. That was a month or so ago, so it could change. HS kids are unpredictable.