Could this team become the best team in Cyclone MBB History?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I saw someone say that this team is not better than the 99-00 team. Can we prove them wrong?
Why do you feel the need to prove a team that went 32-5 and won the Big12 regular season and conference tournament is inferior to a team that is, at the moment, is 19-5.
That team was tough as nails...not only physically but mentally too. They got to the Elite 8 and it gave the eventual champions their toughest game of the tournament...probably should have won. If this team accomplishes all that, then we can have an honest discussion.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why do you feel the need to prove a team that went 32-5 and won the Big12 regular season and conference tournament is inferior to a team that is, at the moment, is 19-5.
That team was tough as nails...not only physically but mentally too. They got to the Elite 8 and it gave the eventual champions their toughest game of the tournament...probably should have won. If this team accomplishes all that, then we can have an honest discussion.

Yeah let's let the last few chapters get written here.

There's potential for some real good things in the end but the next month is going to have some bumps.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah let's let the last few chapters get written here.

There's potential for some real good things in the end but the next month is going to have some bumps.
Yep....enjoy each chapter and one game at a time.

Ugh, UAB just got in my head.....nothing guaranteed!

• Winner
Reactions: isucy86

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
The Kane/Ejim/Niang team was an absolute wagon when Georges got hurt. Not as good defensively, but better all around than this team. This is the best defensive team I've ever seen at ISU, but it lacks the star power that was Fizer/Tinsley. I'd go 2000, Kane/Niang/Ejim, then this one, but this team has all the makings to go further than those. I think this team is the one that finally makes a Final 4.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
The Kane/Ejim/Niang team was an absolute wagon when Georges got hurt. Not as good defensively, but better all around than this team. This is the best defensive team I've ever seen at ISU, but it lacks the star power that was Fizer/Tinsley. I'd go 2000, Kane/Niang/Ejim, then this one, but this team has all the makings to go further than those. I think this team is the one that finally makes a Final 4.
This is 100

Reactions: exCYtable

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Probably at least need to win the conference and make a deep run in the tourney to make that claim so we’ll know after the season.

It’s at least the best team since 2000 IMO.
We are in the 'Win this game and then the next one is that much bigger' territory. TBH, we are getting into new territory for TJ. I am completely confident he will put a competitive team on the floor every year. He has done it first 3 years here at ISU.

Now, we and he get to find out what he can do about next level. The exciting thing is he has enough talent to take it to the next level but he's got a few seasoned coaches he needs to do it against.

Going to be a helluva ride - I hope everyone appreciates and enjoys it regardless of the outcome.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I loved the 99/00 team and that Michigan State game is still probably the most gutted I've ever felt as a fan. I'm still in the camp that they are the best in our history, but I'd love for this year's team to take it from them.

Just looking back at the 99/00 schedule and results, they only played two road games vs ranked opponents during the entire Big 12 schedule (16 games). They beat #24 Kansas by 2 and lost at #17 OU by 5 in 2OT.

This year's team has already played 4 conference road games vs ranked opponents with one to go. I think it's safe to say this year's team has a significantly tougher conference schedule, so I won't hold a few more tough road losses against them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron