Nevada, IA
West-Virginia-University.png vs site.png

West Virginia (9-17, 4-9 BIG 12)
#6 IOWA STATE (20-6, 9-4 BIG 12)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH 1:00 P.M. CST
HILTON COLISEUM / AMES, IA

TV: ESPN2
Talent: Lowell Galindo, pxp, Jess Settles, analyst

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
CRN Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
7e1i5z.gif

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Last time I saw WVU was in Morgantown
Feb 10, 2014.

We lost 77-102. Shocking defeat.

Danville and Mrs. Danville visiting our freshman Daughter and hitting the MBB/WBB double header.

I say let’s knock 15 off the winner and 15 off the losers.

87-62 Cyclone Beatdown.

Last edited:

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Thanks Rulzzz!

For whatever reason when I think of West Virginia it makes me smile. Maybe it’s because of all the West Virginia jokes. Here is one you may have heard:

Elevator

A country bumpkin family from West Virginia decides to go to the Big Apple for the first Time in their lives; Maw, Paw and their son. They go into the Empire State Building. As they're walking around they notice the elevator. Never seeing one before they stand in front of it bewildered. While staring at it, an old lady in a wheelchair rolls up to it, pushes the button, the door opens, she rolls herself inside and the door closes. The West Virginia redneck family watches as the lights for each floor light as it goes up. They continue to watch as the numbers go down again. The door opens and out walks this tall gorgeous blonde. Legs to her neck. Great figure. Beautiful! Paw looks at his son and says, "Quick boy, shove yer Maw in there!"

Go Cyclones!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Come help us build a better Ames Lager pyramid!

We are having another Ames Lager tailgate on Saturday between the MBB and WBB games. Look for the white trailer, Ames Lager flag, and CycloneFanatics hanging out in the C3 or C4 lot (we will probably be in C3 just north of Center Drive).

Serving burgers, hot dogs, chips, salsa, cookies, Ames Lager, other beers, NA’s, seltzers, pop, and water.

No charge. “We will” give all contributions to the We Will Collective.

May be an image of ale and text

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We are a 17.5 point favorite, which is a huge margin for a conference game. However, we're 13-2 against the spread at home and WV is 0-6 against the spread on the road.

I've got a feeling that we'll jump on them at the beginning of each half (like we do against most teams), coast to a win, and narrowly cover the spread.

However, WV has beaten Texas, Kansas, UCF, and Cincinnati this season, so we can't just show up and win.

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
I hope we can rest Lipsey the entire game.
A healthy Lipsey is a good Cyclone team down the final stretch.

Help Support Us

Become a patron