*** Official West Virginia vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Well, Gilbert did not have his A-game today. Besides the great defense late in the game, we looked tired throughout the show. I hope we pick it up a little next game.
Pretty much played most of his minutes in foul trouble. Pav definitely stepped up to fill the gap

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hey, they can’t all be Picassos. A win and TJ having plenty of reason to have the teams’ attention at practice this week is a net positive in my book.

The best ISU teams had plenty of closeish wins at home vs. bad teams.

All sorts of factors go into it but yeah it was a W in the end.

Reactions: NWICY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
WVU looked like a team we have no shame in beating by 7. Looks really talented, just not the most “together”.
Yeah, very fortunate we didn't have to go to Morgantown this year. It would have looked like a terrible loss in what would have been a difficult win.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Well, Gilbert did not have his A-game today. Besides the great defense late in the game, we looked tired throughout the show. I hope we pick it up a little next game.
Yup, Gilbert’s foul trouble changed the game. Hope that’s the last we’ll see of that as TJ needs his defense, three point shooting, and driving ability in the big games down the road.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
The end of that game was so appropriate. Arkansas player goes in for a disrespectful dunk and clanks it, leading to Missouri player doing the exact same thing at the other end. What a hilarious crapfest!
I hope that ****** with the spread. What a hilarious way to win/lose money.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyNews

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I just listened to the post game podcast and I think the thing CW didn't mention is WV's defense really made us struggle at times. We had a hard time adjusting to the zone for some parts of the game. It seemed like we had some unusual (at least for us) turnovers. I'll also disagree that the crowd was bad. I thought the crowd was pretty good especially when we were falling behind in the second half.

We were due for a real clunker of a game and this felt like one. But how great is it to have a team that can play a clunker and still win?

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I'm still pissed ESPN didn't switch to the ISU game until the 11 minute mark. Had to watch that god awful Missouri game finish. What are we paying for if I miss a quarter of the one thing I wanted to watch.
I don’t understand why in the age of streaming, that you can’t select which game you want to watch when there is an overlap of coverage.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Yup, Gilbert’s foul trouble changed the game. Hope that’s the last we’ll see of that as TJ needs his defense, three point shooting, and driving ability in the big games down the road.
He picked up 3 fouls in less than 4 minutes of game time. 2 were kind of iffy. And his 4th was super iffy.

Just a weird game in that regard.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I don’t understand why in the age of streaming, that you can’t select which game you want to watch when there is an overlap of coverage.
Espn + wouldn't let me turn the game on with out going through the verification process. I assume because it was on Espn2. How dumb is that? If it's on an ESPN ch, shouldn't have to take the time to do that, should be available right away. Worked perfect on my phone though.

Reactions: MJAnderson

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Does Otz have a heart to heart in every handshake line haha
My guess would be that he had some encouraging words for the internum dude at WVU since his situation is a bit uncertain.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For the record, the current amount donated by CycloneFanatics at Saturday's tailgate is $932 (and I just got another Venmo contribution a few minutes ago). You guys are amazing. We have a good time between games and the We Will Collective benefits.

View attachment 124597

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
We were away from the house at game time so we set up YouTube TV to record it. I was a bit flabbergasted to see the recording started with 11 minutes left in the first half - at least now I realize that’s when ESPN2 actually went to the ISU game in the first place.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We were away from the house at game time so we set up YouTube TV to record it. I was a bit flabbergasted to see the recording started with 11 minutes left in the first half - at least now I realize that’s when ESPN2 actually went to the ISU game in the first place.

I missed the start regardless but didn't realize ISU got down like 11-2.

Probably kept a few people off the ledge by not being able to see it.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Watching WVU playing back to norm against K State. 2 For 7 from 3 How does K State get to play a Saturday game and a Monday night
Game at home. BS

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Watching WVU playing back to norm against K State. 2 For 7 from 3 How does K State get to play a Saturday game and a Monday night
Game at home. BS
Most predictable thing in the world was WVU only playing like a big 12 team for one game against ISU. The CYclones were fortunate they pulled their heads out in time to win that one Saturday.

Bramledge is really empty though, if crowd shots are worth anything...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron