F1 2024 Discussion

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don't know what exactly F1 Academy season added means, I'm guessing added to streaming? That's pretty cool.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I don't know what exactly F1 Academy season added means, I'm guessing added to streaming? That's pretty cool.

F1 academy is the funniest of all the driving. Those young girls are so all over the track. After watching F1 and all the penelties they get for going off the track, then watching academy, it's really funny. Also, Yes I know they are very young driver's and it's a good program. Im just saying for them to act like them adding academy is funny. That is like them saying we have added AAU 14U girls basketball to the ESPN NBA package.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
F1 academy is the funniest of all the driving. Those young girls are so all over the track. After watching F1 and all the penelties they get for going off the track, then watching academy, it's really funny. Also, Yes I know they are very young driver's and it's a good program. Im just saying for them to act like them adding academy is funny. That is like them saying we have added AAU 14U girls basketball to the ESPN NBA package.
k

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

If anyone watches F1 pretty regularly their subscription service is the best sports apps I've used. You get options on which broadcast team you listen too, live switching between driver cams and radio, etc.

My only complaint is there's no app on my Google Home TV so I have to cast it from my phone, Roku app works great though.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If anyone watches F1 pretty regularly their subscription service is the best sports apps I've used. You get options on which broadcast team you listen too, live switching between driver cams and radio, etc.

My only complaint is there's no app on my Google Home TV so I have to cast it from my phone, Roku app works great though.
Not having a Google TV app is the only reason I don't use it, I've heard it's great.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
F1TV app is really quite excellent. I like to run multiple screens, so I'll have one of the race broadcasts on the big TV, the lap times on an iPad, and a driver onboard of interest on another iPad.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
F1TV app is really quite excellent. I like to run multiple screens, so I'll have one of the race broadcasts on the big TV, the lap times on an iPad, and a driver onboard of interest on another iPad.

I’m not a huge fan of it. It’s clunky when switching between devices and recording progress, especially if you’re not watching it in real time.

It’s also annoying the device limit isn’t tied to active devices. For instance, If you sign on with an iPad once it counts as a device until you go into the settings (only through the website not the app) and remove it. I run into the device limit pretty frequently between the TVs, iPads and the kids.

• Informative
Reactions: JBone84

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I hope her presence in F1 isn't a long term deal. Listening to her talk F1 is absolutely brutal.
It's funny, I used to root for her pretty heavily when she was in Indycar, but man, her commentary is brutal. I really lost it when I heard her on a podcast quite a few years ago. Her big emphasis was how power crystals really helped her get to where she was and how she knew absolutely nothing about the cars, she just drove them. Obviously drivers are not going to be race engineers, but wouldn't it help you to spend a little time with the engineers learning what the parts of your car did?

It makes me wonder if she spent more time consulting her engineers instead of rubbing power crystals if she actually wouldn't have been a really good indycar driver.

To your post though, unfortunately, I think we are just going to see more and more of her. She used to only do the American Continent races, but she was on a lot more this last season.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It's funny, I used to root for her pretty heavily when she was in Indycar, but man, her commentary is brutal. I really lost it when I heard her on a podcast quite a few years ago. Her big emphasis was how power crystals really helped her get to where she was and how she knew absolutely nothing about the cars, she just drove them. Obviously drivers are not going to be race engineers, but wouldn't it help you to spend a little time with the engineers learning what the parts of your car did?

It makes me wonder if she spent more time consulting her engineers instead of rubbing power crystals if she actually wouldn't have been a really good indycar driver.

To your post though, unfortunately, I think we are just going to see more and more of her. She used to only do the American Continent races, but she was on a lot more this last season.
Anybody who dated Aaron Rodgers is bound to be a weirdo.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Did they give any details on the one that accused him and what exactly of?
I'm not a Horner fan, but if he is cleared, I have no issues with the accuser getting some bad press.

No just said they hired an independent company to do it and that company cleared him of any wrong doing. They also said they won't release the report because it has names and interviews with people they can't disclose. Smart move of them to have an independent company do it instead of "inside investigation". Ill trust they did it right. I am not a fan of his really but he is better for the sport.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Did they give any details on the one that accused him and what exactly of?
I'm not a Horner fan, but if he is cleared, I have no issues with the accuser getting some bad press.
Controlling behavior and apparently sexual misconduct, although I read that no evidence of the sexual misconduct was ever presented. I like Horner and I'm glad this apparently turned out to not be true about him.