*** Official #20 BYU vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

SHisubvu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2018
I don't know. But Blum has been solid in saying he will be back. I would assume if the staff had worries about him leaving, Blum would know for We Will budgeting reasons.
Gabe K and Jaz had 2 senior days. It is not automatic that he won't come back if he participates during Senior Day.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I hope they consider this as big as a KU game because it is.
No chance.
Pollard needs to open up the upper deck student section to the public. It's time. MAYBE leave section 222. This might be a top 3 team in school history and the students don't turn out. The OU game had a half empty upper deck. For as great as Hilton Magic is and the environment we have, we have a B- student section.

Get creative, Pollard.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
No chance.
Pollard needs to open up the upper deck student section to the public. It's time. MAYBE leave section 222. This might be a top 3 team in school history and the students don't turn out. The OU game had a half empty upper deck. For as great as Hilton Magic is and the environment we have, we have a B- student section.

Get creative, Pollard.
I agree. Half of the upper deck should be put up for sale immediately, if there isn't a line outside right now.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
I'm not sure how this game will go tonight, but looking forward to whatever outcome happens. Just a reminder that Mormons at one point trekked across Iowa and it did not work out well.

No part of the long trek surpasses the tragedy and triumph of this hegira across the rolling, open prairie of Iowa Territory, which then consisted of little more than bluestem prairie grass and stands of oak and hickory forests along the numerous rivers and streams and dangerous swamps and bogs. Often, when roads did exist, they were most primitive. Some Mormons may have reflected often on the frontier sarcasm that it was a middling good road when the mud did not quite reach one's boot tops.

Given Iowa State's record in Ames, I suspect this could end up being another one of those occasions in history where a Mormon trek to Iowa ends up being a somewhat miserable experience. We'll all know more in a few hours.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Just checked my tickets in the Cyclone app and the option to add to wallet is gone. Have logged out and back in, no change. Anyone else see this?
I cant go tonite but if you message me i can forward tx for tonite if that'll help. or if anyone wants freebees let me know

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I'm not sure how this game will go tonight, but looking forward to whatever outcome happens. Just a reminder that Mormons at one point trekked across Iowa and it did not work out well.

No part of the long trek surpasses the tragedy and triumph of this hegira across the rolling, open prairie of Iowa Territory, which then consisted of little more than bluestem prairie grass and stands of oak and hickory forests along the numerous rivers and streams and dangerous swamps and bogs. Often, when roads did exist, they were most primitive. Some Mormons may have reflected often on the frontier sarcasm that it was a middling good road when the mud did not quite reach one's boot tops.

Given Iowa State's record in Ames, I suspect this could end up being another one of those occasions in history where a Mormon trek to Iowa ends up being a somewhat miserable experience. We'll all know more in a few hours.
We’re going to turn your experience at Hilton into Donner’s pass

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
No chance.

Get creative, Pollard.
looks to me like the students are turning out for this one