**** daylight savings

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It usually takes me about a week to adjust to either but otherwise I really don't mind it.

A favorite thing in the year is in the spring when it's sunny later in the day. Just feels inspiring to get outside more.

This first week is always rough for me. Just now with how dark it is I looked at my watch thinking it's got to close to 7pm and it's only 5:30.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This is fascinating! However...it would be mindblowing to so many people...I could never ever see people advocating to adopt this on a wide scale!
It would go a long way toward making income to expenditure ratio more even over the course of a year, particularly for people who are paid biweekly.

Not to mention house/car/ins pmts spread over 13 months instead of 12...

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I wish we'd pick one and just stick with it. The Federal government allows individual states to choose Standard time and opt out of DLS time, like Arizona has done. It does not allow the states to choose DLS time permanently. I'd be fine with Standard time permanently.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I wish we'd pick one and just stick with it. The Federal government allows individual states to choose Standard time and opt out of DLS time, like Arizona has done. It does not allow the states to choose DLS time permanently. I'd be fine with Standard time permanently.
Allowing states to set their own hours seems pretty stupid to me. Congress should decide for all states.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The research is conclusive, messing with people's sleep times is "pretty stupid". If congress won't choose, the state or states should.
That's the whole point. Congress should choose.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The research is conclusive, messing with people's sleep times is "pretty stupid". If congress won't choose, the state or states should.
But every weekend people stay up later than their "normal" bed time, most of the time by hours. They sleep in many times longer, than normal. And its no problem. But changing their sleep by 1 hour twice per year is the worst thing ever. Please. People need to get over it. It serves a purpose especially the farther north you go away from equator.

The amount of whining in this thread twice a year is pathetic.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Let's just pick one and be done with it. Time to **** or get off the pot.