***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
That color commentary was some of the most unprofessional crap ever. We get it, all you guys know is Penn State, but all they could talk about was how great Messenbrink was the entire match and basically trying to will him to victory despite Carr getting the first two takedowns. This isn’t some random dude either, it’s a former champion, returning finalist and 4x Big 12 champion. Accolades can keep going. That was horrendous.

Great job DC!!

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
That was some absolutely ridiculous officiating. So glad that David overcame that to win. I wish I had counted how many times in the NCAA's and Big12's that I've seen our guys getting dinged for stalling *as they are scoring points* and meanwhile other teams' wrestlers will **** around on their knees doing nothing for minutes at a time and barely get a warning.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Mesenbrink got to the finals not having to wrestle anyone higher than a 6 seed (Caliendo). Then, announcers talked like he was the better wrestler--against Carr--despite the evidence before them. At one point, one of them questioned whether Carr (the best rider of all) had the energy to ride him out. Unreal.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
More like Mule Mesenbrink.

Also, I know they don’t care about us casuals but it’s hard to watch when I have no idea what constitutes stalling and why it’s called when it is and how come guys can run out of bounds but that’s not stalling. I know wrestling fans agree but it really needs to be figured out.
As someone who never watches wrestling, no idea how that was a 1 pt match. Carr looked to be the clear winner.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron