2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't know if the refs should've called it or not, I won't make that determination. But looking at the movement from Edwards, she was moving and not set. Marshall clearly sold it well, so I'll say that those thinking that shouldn't have been called in that moment have a point, but Edwards was definitely not set.

I don’t think coaches would want their players to set screens if that’s a foul.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
That’s how I felt in that game. CC officiated the game and even had calls changed but the rest of the players didn’t strike me as anything terrible.
Didn't watch their whole team jumping into audi just to try and get fouls, huh?
Don't remember stuelke running into the back of audi and go flying the other way? Even the announcers called her out on that one.

Reactions: WartburgClone

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
I have no dog in this fight but that was a shameful call by the refs on that "moving screen". Took the game right away from the players. Not that UConn would have won necessarily but they should have had the opportunity and the refs stripped it from them. Too bad because it was a great game otherwise.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It is an odd thing to kind of hedge on wanting a team from our state to have great success. I know we are supposed to hate anything hawkeye, but I don't really feel that way. It is more about the individual players.

Most of us just think C Clark is a selfish whiner, all be it immensely talented. I think it is a lot easier to root for the every day / less fawned over / more lunch pail players.

Nah. They're hawkeyes. **** em.

The "good for the state" take is honestly one of the worst takes ever. Nothing more than Iowa fans being needy about everyone having to celebrate their successes

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
I don’t think coaches would want their players to set screens if that’s a foul.
Again, I don't know, but her leg is way extended and elbow goes out to get in Marshall's way. I don't think that's a normal screen. Whether you call it there or not, I understand that, but I don't think it's a regular screen either way.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Didn't watch their whole team jumping into audi just to try and get fouls, huh?
Don't remember stuelke running into the back of audi and go flying the other way? Even the announcers called her out on that one.

Maybe I should rewatch it, I mainly remember being shocked Caitlyn talked to refs and they changed a call. Nothing else seemed remotely as memorable.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just ran through UConn’s complete schedule and yep, the 4 free throws they shot tonight was the fewest in any game this season. They have had a few games in the single digits but the lowest was 7 in a couple of games. Could have used even just 7 tonight.

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
Nah. They're hawkeyes. **** em.

The "good for the state" take is honestly one of the worst takes ever. Nothing more than Iowa fans being needy about everyone having to celebrate their successes
I never said anything about it being good for the state. I can give a crap if it is good for the state of Iowa, I live in california. I just think a lot of us would be more supportive if Clark and her over-exposed, all me thing wasn't the focus of the team. Tonight Hanna was the leading scorer. Hanna and Kate actually won the game for the team. I feel good about rooting for them.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I never said anything about it being good for the state. I can give a crap if it is good for the state of Iowa, I live in california. I just think a lot of us would be more supportive if Clark and her over-exposed, all me thing wasn't the focus of the team. Tonight Hanna was the leading scorer. Hanna and Kate actually won the game for the team. I feel good about rooting for them.

You can tell you live in California. You wouldn’t be saying some of the things you’re saying if you lived in Iowa.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That angle looks worse for UConn than the broadcast angles, but it’s still a weird call with 4 seconds.
I've watched it a couple times to see if I missed something and it's borderline a foul at best. That screen gets set a bunch throughout the game

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
That angle looks worse for UConn than the broadcast angles, but it’s still a weird call with 4 seconds.
It’s because it’s after Gabbie already has run into her hard and thus Edward’s arm goes up after getting slammed into. Doing a single frame shot you can make anything look the way one wants it to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron