PFF college football post on ISU offense

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’ll be a believer in Sama when he has an outstanding game in normal conditions.

He's good. The other guys wouldn't have left if he wasn't.

The opposite of your perspective will happen next season when people are expecting the KSU game to be normal. It was already happening a bit in the bowl game.

He gets the fumbles occasionally so hopefully that gets cleaned up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I will believe when CMC has the team ready to play to start the season. No more bad eiu or Ohio games.

Evidence would suggest they'll come out slow again and improve as the season goes on, get 8ish wins.

Really only one of his teams didn't seem to improve much and that was the 3-0 2022 start including a bad football fest at Iowa.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Half on one rush.
55 on 7 with 1 TD is still definitely getting it done.

Sama looks like the next great RB coming thru this school. This was readily-visible last season for those paying attention. Has a few gaps to work on this offseason, but the toolkit to be awesome is there. Can't teach speed or shift, and he's got both in large volume.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

Sama looks like the next great RB coming thru this school. This was readily-visible last season for those paying attention. Has a few gaps to work on this offseason, but the toolkit to be awesome is there. Can't teach speed or shift, and he's got both in large volume.
I hope so. What we saw last year was inconsistency. He’d have one decent game and disappear in the next. I want to see (yes we were spoiled) the same consistency game-to-game as we had with Montgomery and Hall.

• Agree
Reactions: clonefanpaul

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Evidence would suggest they'll come out slow again and improve as the season goes on, get 8ish wins.

Really only one of his teams didn't seem to improve much and that was the 3-0 2022 start including a bad football fest at Iowa.
That 2022 Iowa game was pathetic. We should have beat them at least 20-3. We were clearly the better team. I just do not trust us in September. Love our program, but I know not to get to amped up about being good for the first month.

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
I’ll be a believer in Sama when he has an outstanding game in normal conditions.
He's got a point here, it's hard to tell how good he'll be based on the games last year. I think he's good and has potential however the OL will play a big role in his performance. OL last year was terrible in run blocking, if that can change this year I think he has big play ability. He did have lots of big runs last season, I get KSU was snowy but BYU and TCU were normal. He needs to be able to build trust in the OL to create holes off the ball...

Reactions: acoustimac

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Not to mention Campbell has been confirming he's an all down back and is the #1. When has Campbell ever hyped a RB and been wrong?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Not to mention Campbell has been confirming he's an all down back and is the #1. When has Campbell ever hyped a RB and been wrong?
You could maybe say that about Michael Warren, but even he wasn't bad -- the next guy up just happened to be a generational talent.

This staff definitely knows RBs, they've shown plenty of evidence for that.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You could maybe say that about Michael Warren, but even he wasn't bad -- the next guy up just happened to be a generational talent.

This staff definitely knows RBs, they've shown plenty of evidence for that.
Warren was a carry over. I remember him hyping David when asked about Mike.

Reactions: MeowingCows