With the Ponder Era beginning, what are your thoughts on what the Vikings need and how they should fill the holes in the team. It looks like they are in line for a top 5 pick or so so hopefully we can get some real legit talent at that spot.
I'd list the Vikings weaknesses in this order greatest to least:
1. Oline. You can probably keep Loadholt(RT), Hutchinson(LG) might have a couple years left of being serviceable. I don't think Hererra(RG) is that bad. The center position needs a major upgrade. Definitely need a franchise LT and I think that would be the optimal choice to with our first pick.
2. Safety. We need a ballhawk safety who is playmaker. Probably can't afford to upgrade both spots, but at least one needs to be improved.
3. WR. We need a big outside, #1 type receiver so we can keep Harvin in the slot. That is really where he excels. Probably easier to get this in Free Agency than other positions.
4. LB Greenway is solid this year, not quite at the level he was last year. E.J. Henderson is solid provided he can stay healthy, but we do need a new OLB on the other side though. I don't think Erin Henderson is the answer.
5. CB. I think Griffin is avg, and I think Cook looks really promising. Winfield is solid, but getting old. He has held his own with some really good WRs this year. Asher Allen is decent for a nickel, but we really need a #1 corner and if Cook can't be that then that should be a major priority.
*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
*** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
*** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
*** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***
OL first and foremost. Every other unit is good enough to be a competitive squad right now.
I would add a big-play receiver second. Losing Sidney Rice really hurts.
Ya **** that guy. I think we have lots of average to above average players on the defense (everyone but JA, KWill, Robison, and Greenway), but we need one or two more impact players.
Agree on the offense that we are set minus Oline and a big #1 WR. (provided Ponder is going to be a good QB, but that is an assumption you have to make in this situation, because he is going to be the guy for at least the next couple years either way)
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.