“I Cheer For the Punter” - Awesome Story

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The Ames school district has a large number of students whose negative lunch balances keep adding up every year. Citizens can donate individually to the school’s “Lunch Hero” balance donation program.

…Enter Tyler Perkins. He is donating his NIL money from his RAYGUN shirt to this program, helping children in the Ames community with food security. That is a freaking hero:

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
The Ames school district has a large number of students whose negative lunch balances keep adding up every year. Citizens can donate individually to the school’s “Lunch Hero” balance donation program.

…Enter Tyler Perkins. He is donating his NIL money from his RAYGUN shirt to this program, helping children in the Ames community with food security. That is a freaking hero:

College athletics is not dead yet. I love this.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My kids are fine I just hate the constant texts about their lunch balance. Its ffing annoying
It used to annoy me, so I set up the auto-replenish if either gets below $35! Now I don’t ever get any texts!

College athletics is not dead yet. I love this.

Well done, young man. Wish this stuff got more publicity than it does - too many stories of the negative variety.

I agree with both of you! It is honestly just lovely. And to see him giving back specifically to Ames is also really, really cool. Great heart on him.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My kids are fine I just hate the constant texts about their lunch balance. Its ffing annoying
The limit needs to be lower than $25, the last one I got was for my kid having $22 in their account!

It used to annoy me, so I set up the auto-replenish if either gets below $35! Now I don’t ever get any texts!
Yeah, I'm the dad so I don't know how to do that, but I do get the emails.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The limit needs to be lower than $25, the last one I got was for my kid having $22 in their account!

Yeah, I'm the dad so I don't know how to do that, but I do get the emails.

@Mr Janny resembles this, as well. I am going to guess you also were not in charge of registration last week!

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I've always liked kickers/punters (they're usually very interesting people ... heh), and this only adds to it. Might have to get one of Tyler's shirts.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Help Support Us

Become a patron