#1 We Boo For Fun vs #18 Devils of Sun

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm stunned that someone from KU would think they got screwed by the officials! Well I guess when you are used to getting 8-10 bad calls/no calls in your favor every game a fairly called game seems unreal.

BTW, I have never seen a team that gets away with more high post moving screens than KU. They are down field blocking better than their football team in some games.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
I talk over here all the time about how sometimes KU is on the receiving end of these and people act like I am making it up so I chose to point it out after a specific incident that was obvious. Even ISU posters were pointing out that ASU was getting the calls as the game progressed.

And it's a Lose-Lose for KU. If Self mentions it then he is "an ungrateful loser" while if a little team coach who whines about getting hosed is "passionately fighting for his team".

No one wants to hear about a big team getting screwed because they feel like they deserve it more. Be honest.

But yet you keep talking about it...

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
Yes. Also a bad call as I and all other KU fans, coaches and players admitted after it happened.

Most of the KU responses that I saw would change the subject and point out a KSU "travel" that wasn't called implying that the missed travels went both ways. It usually involved some minor slide of the pivot foot that gets missed dozens of times each game. Didn't ever see a KU fan say that they got the benefit of a horribly bad no-call on that play.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Most of the KU responses that I saw would change the subject and point out a KSU "travel" that wasn't called implying that the missed travels went both ways. It usually involved some minor slide of the pivot foot that gets missed dozens of times each game. Didn't ever see a KU fan say that they got the benefit of a horribly bad no-call on that play.
Except for the one you responded to...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The loss is an example of why Ku and others of their ilk don't play OOC away games. It's either a neutral court or AFH for the squawks. They lose crowd control and the refs when they venture outside the nest.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I can't wait to cheer agaisnt KU in the Ncaa tournament this year in Des Moines. It's going to be glorious.
They'll probably go to Tulsa over Des Moines but that could potentially open the door wider for ISU to play in Des Moines.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The loss is an example of why Ku and others of their ilk don't play OOC away games. It's either a neutral court or AFH for the squawks. They lose crowd control and the refs when they venture outside the nest.
"KU and others of their ilk"? No one in the Big 12 has played true road games even remotely close to the level of difficulty of KU.

'18-'19 non con true road games: @ Arizona State, @Kentucky
'17-'18 non con true road games: @ Nebraska
'16-'17 non con true road games: @ UNLV, @ Kentucky
'15-'16 non con true road games: @ San Diego State
'14-'15 non con true road games: @ Georgetown, @ Temple
'13-'14: non con true road games: @ Colorado, @ Florida (in back to back games)

Next year we play @ Villanova

I get that you have some media driven narrative in your mind about how all the big name teams schedule and there are certainly several big name teams who accurate fit your statement. Kansas just isn't one of them.

Surly goes for the big zinger and sticks the landing:

giphy.gif

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"KU and others of their ilk"? No one in the Big 12 has played true road games even remotely close to the level of difficulty of KU.

'18-'19 non con true road games: @ Arizona State, @Kentucky
Ku hasn't played UK and that one is forced by the conference not chosen by Ku. When Ku ventured to someone else's court they got beat. It's a very SEC football strategy.

As for "ilk," yes, cheating, loathable, buy-your-talent programs.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Ku hasn't played UK and that one is forced by the conference not chosen by Ku. When Ku ventured to someone else's court they got beat. It's a very SEC football strategy.

As for "ilk," yes, cheating, loathable, buy-your-talent programs.
Good grief, pick a point and stick to it. So now playing a true road game at Kentucky, who was preseason Top 10 in both seasons we will have played them and who play in one of the largest packed houses in the nation, doesn't count because it is part of the Big 12/SEC challenge?!? That's braindead logic.

It is on our schedule. You build your schedule around what your schedule has to include. Trust me, I'd rather Kansas get a cream puff SEC team like most everyone else gets. Instead we always get the hardest game because we put the most eyeballs on TVs.

And when Kansas comes to town, it is an insane "I remember when I saw us beat Kansas" atmosphere with a crazy full house. Last Saturday was the 3rd largest attendance in Arizona State history.

On the flip side, ESPN listed attendance at the Dec. 8th Kansas State visit to unranked Tulsa at 5,719 in their 8,355 seat arena. And you guys still lost. KSU should have to take 1.5 losses for that hot mess. But yeah, Kansas doesn't schedule enough hard true road games, OK.

I can't believe you had the gall to try to back up that ignorant claim. Just walk away from this one. You are simply wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron