NFL: *** 1st round Draft Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I have two hopes for the draft tonight....

1. Two guys named Forest and Taco both get drafted
2. Packers take TJ Watt

Watt has been kind of flying under the radar. And it's weird, because it feels like he's going to be the guy we look at in a few years and wonder how he fell out or almost out of the first round. Productive against big time competition, still plenty of room to improve, and tested really well at the combine. The only thing that would give me pause is the knee injury history. But if you can get past that he's a tremendous edge rush prospect.

• Creative
Reactions: CTTB78

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'd be happy if the Bears got either Adams from LSU or Thomas from Stanford. Need to upgrade the D

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Agree

No really elite talent at the top, but it is a deep draft. The Jets seem like a dysfunctional enough front office to give up a first and second plus next year's first to take Trubisky at 1. If the Browns get that offer, no way they turn it down right?

They couldn't say yes fast enough. My impression is that Cleveland doesn't really love Garrett or Trubisky, and if they got a decent offer for the #1 pick they'd take it in a heartbeat.

The thing about the Browns is that while they will eventually need a QB, it's not like that's the missing piece of the puzzle. They have holes all over the roster. Build up the roster, keep accumulating draft capital, and when your franchise QB comes along then make your move. Why reach on a question mark like Trubisky?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What does 2017 bring for Cleveland?
johnnyjersey.0.jpg

I guess reports are now that they will be taking Myles Garrett and not Mitch Trubisky. I wonder if they are going to package that 12th pick with one or two of their other picks to try to move up.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
There isn't much for us Vikings fans to care about tonight. It will be interesting to see what they do Friday & Saturday.

Who knows- if the O lineman they have on their board is still there in the high 20s, maybe Trader Rick will deal into the first round to get him.