2010 NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 Pre-season

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
please tell me how OU is #7 after an 8-5 season...they shouldnt be top 15 after a season like that and losing bradford...without him they had a bad season so what makes people think they will be any better this year

DareDevil

Nov 27, 2006
Muscatine
please tell me how OU is #7 after an 8-5 season...they shouldnt be top 15 after a season like that and losing bradford...without him they had a bad season so what makes people think they will be any better this year

Because its Oklahoma :jimlad: They even got a first place vote!!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
There is crazy hype for OU again this year. I even heard a guy on College football live call Landry Jones a top Heisman contender.

If they would have had a healthy D + Sam Bradford + Jermaine Gresham last season, I have little doubt in my mind they were the National Champion.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I still can't accept Boise State ranked in the top five with the schedule they play. Yeah they went 14-0 last year but the rest of the top 10 would have as well with that schedule. I guess if they beat VT and Oregon State you can basically pencil them in for the title game

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
I still can't accept Boise State ranked in the top five with the schedule they play. Yeah they went 14-0 last year but the rest of the top 10 would have as well with that schedule. I guess if they beat VT and Oregon State you can basically pencil them in for the title game

If they go undefeated again, and beat VT and Oregon State again handily, then I can see them stating a case, but if teams like OU or Alabama or someone like that are undefeated, they'll probably be the top 2 teams.

The push for having teams like BSU in the title game are growing as the media is buying into the hype (whether well deserved or not, I don't know).

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
I can see Alabama - defending champs. OSU should be tough, but I am by no means sold on Prior. I think a smothering defense that makes him pass is going to be OSU's downfall. Wouldn't be suprised to see OSU lose at both Iowa and Wisconsin. Boise St - I just don't like them. Texas is starting a new QB so they do have some questions. OU will be tough, but i don't see them as a top 10 team right now. They lost alot of talent.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
We all know that the BCS is really just a knock-off poll as opposed to an actual "best-team-this-point-in-the-season" poll. By that I mean, once a team gets into the top 5 or so they will very rarely get knocked out of that spot if they continue to win games, even if the teams behind them are winning more convincingly. For that reason BSU may coast into the NC game if they make it past VaTech. They have just a couple of tests on their schedule and are more than capable of winning them both. I really hope they don't get into the top 2 in the polls early and cruise their way to a NC game while every other top 6 team is playing their tougher conference games/championship games. Until BSU consistently plays 4 top 25 teams a year they shouldn't be considered NC contender, they just don't face the gauntlet the rest of the teams in the country lobbying for a BCS game do.