2020 NCAA Wrestling Championship at US Bank Stadium

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Downtown Detroit where the new arena is being built is getting rejuvenated. Went there for a work trip and came away surprised. Much better than when I went to Nats in Auburn Hills!

I've spent a decent amount of time there as my ex girlfriend is from eastpointe. The new downtown is nice and hipsters like to claim that the city is rejuvenated, but the apartment complexes that they live in are gated and often have armed security. You don't have to go very far in any direction to be unsafe, although this is not unlike St.Louis where NCAAs are often held. Even downtown I wouldn't want to be outside for very long at night. There are so many deserted buildings and houses all over the city. In some parts there are literally packs of wild dogs. Its unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went to the NCAA basketball tourney in 2000 in the metronome. They pulled in mobile bleachers to one corner of the stadium. Assuming the same is done here. Probably best to be in the mobile seats if possible because you know that you are at least facing the mat and not angled away.