NFL: ***2020 NFL Season Thread***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Rumor that the Bears are getting Wentz in exchange for their first round pick, Tarik Cohen and Nick Foles. No idea if that's true, but if that ends up being the compensation, that's not too bad. Chicago's biggest need is QB and Wentz is better than anyone they'd be able to get with their 1st round pick. Cohen is a loss but running backs are replaceable. And Foles... not a huge loss.

Wentz definitely has issues, but that would be a good deal.
Fwiw Cohen has said both the GM and HC told him he wasn't being traded.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Rumor that the Bears are getting Wentz in exchange for their first round pick, Tarik Cohen and Nick Foles. No idea if that's true, but if that ends up being the compensation, that's not too bad. Chicago's biggest need is QB and Wentz is better than anyone they'd be able to get with their 1st round pick. Cohen is a loss but running backs are replaceable. And Foles... not a huge loss.

Have no doubt Bears have made an offer but Cohen says he's not in it:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Have no doubt Bears have made an offer but Cohen says he's not in it:

Fwiw Cohen has said both the GM and HC told him he wasn't being traded.

Whether Cohen is a part of the trade or not is one thing, but if the draft capital that Chicago gives up for Wentz is a single first round pick, that's a pretty good deal.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Whether Cohen is a part of the trade or not is one thing, but if the draft capital that Chicago gives up for Wentz is a single first round pick, that's a pretty good deal.
I don't like it until Watson is off the table definitively

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don't like it until Watson is off the table definitively
True. But Watson is going to cost multiple 1st round picks. I can't fault any team for not wanting to do that. Wentz is not as good as Watson, but at the cost of a late first round pick and change, it's a solid alternative

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
True. But Watson is going to cost multiple 1st round picks. I can't fault any team for not wanting to do that. Wentz is not as good as Watson, but at the cost of a late first round pick and change, it's a solid alternative
I'd rather keep the pick and run it back with trubisky honestly, given those two choices. Wentz has a rep as a bad teammate, and isn't really very good.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

I'd like to see them go after Darnold instead of Wentz if we got to pick. Obviously Watson would be the best option, but I just don't see that happening.

I know Tarik was just told he isn't going to be traded but that means nothing. If the Bears can get Wentz for a 1st, Foles, and Cohen that is an absolute win for Chicago. I don't know why people have an obsession with a runningback who is 5'6" coming off a torn ACL.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron