2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The last few pages makes my head hurt reading. Enough with the over analysis of Audi and her conditioning/size/weight etc. Her play on the court speaks for itself. She far exceeded anyone's expectations including mi e as I thought she'd be nothing more than a 5-10 mpg project as she adjusted from playing 1A HS ball to playing against some of the best teams in D1.

I'm sure her and the staff have been working on whatever conditioning goals they have but she is just built big to begin with so to think she all the sudden will become a tone and much slender version is probably unrealistic. She has great footwork and gets up and down the floor very well and any incremental development she makes physically is just going to make her tougher to defend against.

Just enjoy this era of ISU WBB folks, next season could be a fun ride. Audi is already turning into a star before our eyes and couldn't be more proud to have her representing ISU the way she does. Not only a great player on the court be a great personality off the court as well. Can't wait to see what she does next season as she's already proved she is a motivated and works hard. Maybe the next thing she adds is an improved 3 point shot to make the defense have to come out and defend her on the perimeter more?

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Kudos to @mred for at least posting something relevant to the thread on "additions" to the roster. And a very good find on the recruiting at that!

Interesting that the "list" for Maryam Dauda, if accurate, also includes KSU that has a standout post already. Maybe she would be interested in playing the 4 along side a strong post. That would certainly give us something we have never had before.
I’ll add OK seems to be in the lead for Oregon State’s Beers as well

Reactions: StClone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
She had great numbers. Improving post positioning will take her to another level. Something she didn't prioritize much until she went up against Stanford. To clarify this she was standing on the block far too often with her feet together and a hand in the air. I'm sure that worked fine in HS but not so much in major CBB.

According to your crew constructive criticism is basically the equivalent of calling her fat and lazy. Probably racist too.
I have no clue what you're talking about. She regularly pinned girls under the basket. Did you watch the Maryland game?

Also, lol at "that worked fine in HS but no so much in major CBB" after she just put up 19 ppg as a freshman, was named 1st team All Big 12, and will be a preseason AA next year. She had a 40 point game in the freakin NCAA tournament.

It's not constructive criticism if it's just flat out not accurate.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Audi looks like she is much more physically fit. And as the season progressed and she got more physically fit she began to dominate inside. Audi has a basketball future that she is destined to achieve. She is a unique talent and her achievements are a result of her hard work. Audi is dedicated and coachable. Fennelly is enjoying this group and knows they are special.

In my mind Audi is like Georges as nuch as we appreciate them on the court we even like them better as a person

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Possible athletic 4/5 to pair with Crooks?

I would be very surprised if someone of that caliber joined the Cyclones. She's looking for a winning program where she can start. ISU only fits one of those criteria, unless they can convince her that she would have an opportunity to start at PF.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
She had great numbers. Improving post positioning will take her to another level. Something she didn't prioritize much until she went up against Stanford. To clarify this she was standing on the block far too often with her feet together and a hand in the air. I'm sure that worked fine in HS but not so much in major CBB.

According to your crew constructive criticism is basically the equivalent of calling her fat and lazy. Probably racist too.
Improving post positioning? What does that even mean? She was damned fine at positioning in the post as a true freshman. It would be nice to discuss things with you if you knew what you were talking about, but it's pretty obvious you don't. The numbers and results tell me that.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Kudos to @mred for at least posting something relevant to the thread on "additions" to the roster. And a very good find on the recruiting at that!

Interesting that the "list" for Maryam Dauda, if accurate, also includes KSU that has a standout post already. Maybe she would be interested in playing the 4 along side a strong post. That would certainly give us something we have never had before.
Def an interesting list. Could see her as a power forward alongside Audi And someone who could defend the middle in lieu of or with Audi. Definitely a very intriguing possibility.

Reactions: coolmooinlou

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would be very surprised if someone of that caliber joined the Cyclones. She's looking for a winning program where she can start. ISU only fits one of those criteria, unless they can convince her that she would have an opportunity to start at PF.
If she could go 4/5 for us it's possible. There's a reason we contacted her.

Just saying 5 players splitting 3 positions (120 minutes) is possible. Sometimes there's sacrifice on a talented team.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have no clue what you're talking about. She regularly pinned girls under the basket. Did you watch the Maryland game?

Also, lol at "that worked fine in HS but no so much in major CBB" after she just put up 19 ppg as a freshman, was named 1st team All Big 12, and will be a preseason AA next year. She had a 40 point game in the freakin NCAA tournament.

It's not constructive criticism if it's just flat out not accurate.