***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
ESPN is saying he’s been released. But it’s possible they booked him, took the mug shot and released him all in that time

There’s also a video where the cops were threatening to arrest the ESPN reporter videoing

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yes, you can. Stop for a moment, use your ******* brain, assess the situation and who you are dealing with and how that incident could have happened. A good cop would have taken a moment and then maybe chewed his ass and sent him on his way.
So it's ok to lay your hands on a cop as long as you can hit a golf ball well? JFC

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
ESPN is saying he’s been released. But it’s possible they booked him, took the mug shot and released him all in that time

There’s also a video where the cops were threatening to arrest the ESPN reporter videoing

They had to have dropped the charges, he wouldn’t be out if the charge of 2nd degree assault of a police officer stands.

• Optimistic
Reactions: riceville98

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
They had to have dropped the charges, he wouldn’t be out if the charge of 2nd degree assault of a police officer stands.
Maybe. I could see the DA or governor call and say get him out of there. This could be a huge egg on Kentucky’s face

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yes, you can. Stop for a moment, use your ******* brain, assess the situation and who you are dealing with and how that incident could have happened. A good cop would have taken a moment and then maybe chewed his ass and sent him on his way.
And maybe Scotty should follow the rules and not drive over a median and ignore officer’s instructions to stop. Scotty did this to himself. You can’t fault the police for trying to make a horrific scene safe for first responders

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
So it's ok to lay your hands on a cop as long as you can hit a golf ball well? JFC
He didn't "lay his hands" on a cop. From what I heard, the cop decided to Spiderman Scottie's car and it took a moment for Scottie to realize that it wasn't some random nutball (it was an official nutball).

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Except there are about 100 reports on the scene that the cop assaulted him. JFC to you
You know 2nd degree assault could be considered a felony right and he could spend time in jail? He won't though so I don't know what you guys are worried about.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
The PGA needs to do a better job with this and make it clear to players, staff, police, etc what's happening. They should have just delayed and told players to stay home.

We'll see the video I am sure, but I bet we've got some power trippers involved in this.

Reactions: wxman1

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He didn't "lay his hands" on a cop. From what I heard, the cop decided to Spiderman Scottie's car and it took a moment for Scottie to realize that it wasn't some random nutball (it was an official nutball).
"From what you heard"?

I deal in facts and so far he's been charged with 4 different things including 2nd degree assault on a cop which is serious enough to land him in jail.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
And maybe Scotty should follow the rules and not drive over a median and ignore officer’s instructions to stop. Scotty did this to himself. You can’t fault the police for trying to make a horrific scene safe for first responders
He said he didn’t know it was a cop yelling at him. Also, players were allowed to enter and his car was marked as player.

Sounds like he drove 10ish additional yards while the cop was “trying to open his door or something”.

He should have stopped. But that isn’t 2nd degree assault on an officer. That is an honest misunderstanding

Reactions: Shawker and Cyhig

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Did he drive over a median? Link? It looks like he was just doing what he was supposed to, the cops were wearing the same thing as tournament security, he was in a marked PGA car.

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
It sounds like everyone involved mad bad choices here, starting with Scottie and ending with the cops. Unfortunate situation.

I think until all the details are out, this is the appropriate response. Everyone is quick to take sides, but sometimes all sides can be right and/or wrong in the same situation.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: alenz95 and CyByrd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron