***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
"From what you heard"?

I deal in facts and so far he's been charged with 4 different things including 2nd degree assault on a cop which is serious enough to land him in jail.
There’s ESPN reporting on this from reporters who literally saw it happening. This isn’t hearsay. You clearly haven’t been following the story

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So it's ok to lay your hands on a cop as long as you can hit a golf ball well? JFC
There’s literally not a single account from anyone that says he laid his lands on a cop. Get a grip.

I just have a hard time believing a guy who’s never been in trouble in his life picked today to beat up a cop. It was a misunderstanding that was exacerbated by an overzealous cop, and that’s not exactly a fact pattern that’s new to that profession. Scottie probably committed a traffic violation or two, so cite him and chew his ass. But pulling him from his car, slamming him against the car, hauling him off to jail and trumping up charges to try to save face is why there’s so little trust in policing these days.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Did he drive over a median? Link? It looks like he was just doing what he was supposed to, the cops were wearing the same thing as tournament security, he was in a marked PGA car.
There was no median. There was a turn lane. They just showed where it happened. He was trying to go around the blockade.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
There’s literally not a single account from anyone that says he laid his lands on a cop. Get a grip.
Ok, what are the "accounts" saying about why he got a 2nd degree assault charge?

It's extremely dangerous when cops are trying to work an accident scene and idiots try to drive around them disobeying barriers.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ok, what are the "accounts" saying about why he got a 2nd degree assault charge?

It's extremely dangerous when cops are trying to work an accident scene and idiots try to drive around them disobeying barriers. Maybe he shoukd have just stayed in his car and he would have been fine.

He stayed in the car until they told him to get out? Are you following the story at all? There was an eye witness account from a reporter and it’s all on video lol.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There was no median. There was a turn lane. They just showed where it happened. He was trying to go around the blockade.
I don't suppose players ever encounter situations where they are allowed to go through areas where normal traffic can't go when entering a tournament site

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I’m happy he was arrested. I’m sick of people doing this on 235 everyday too. Wish DMPD would do the same. Wait your turn you arrogant ****. And listen to police commands.. it’s that easy.
Blatantly obvious what happened. Dude was worried about missing his tee time in 4 hours so pulled the " " I don't have time for this ****", pulled out to go around everyone else disobeying police, then tried to pull the " Do you have any idea who I am?" card, then likely got physical with an officer.

You see that kind of stuff all the time with wrecks or construction zones.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

It's extremely dangerous when cops are trying to work an accident scene and idiots try to drive around them disobeying barriers. Maybe he shoukd have just stayed in his car and he would have been fine.

If your position is "if the police charged it he must have done it" then there's no point in this conversation.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Blatantly obvious what happened. Dude was worried about missing his tee time in 4 hours so pulled the " " I don't have time for this ****", pulled out to go around everyone else disobeying police, then tried to pull the " Do you have any idea who I am?" card, then likely got physical with an officer.

Holy **** please read Darlington's eyewitness account which literally says none of this. You are quite literally just making **** up at this point.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
It sounds like everyone involved mad bad choices here, starting with Scottie and ending with the cops. Unfortunate situation.
Also, the PGA for telling the players they would be able to get to the course, and then having the cops stop a player due to traffic etc. who was driving an official courtesy car. He thought he had a green light, the cops said it was red. The PGA knew there was a problem. yet still told players to go to the course.

Edit: Massive PR problem for Valhalla Golf club, Louisville, and Kentucky, one would think hosting the Derby, they could do better with traffic, security, participant access, and general event management, including shuttle bus access.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clonefan32

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

He was allowed to go around. Players were allowed to enter. The cops clearly didn’t know he was a player despite his car being marked as such

The cops were the ones that made the mistake

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If your position is "if the police charged it he must have done it" then there's no point in this conversation.

For these types of people, untrained citizens making mistakes and poorly assessing a stressful, confused situation = they get what they deserve, and trained cops making mistakes and poorly assessing a stressful, confused situation = you can't blame them, it's a tough job.

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids

This is CTE in print version

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You can either chose to believe that a guy who is, by all accounts, the most boring, law-abiding guy to ever live picked 5 AM on Day 2 of a major to say **** it I'm going to assault some cops today, or you can believe that there was a genuine misunderstanding that was blown way out of proportion by an over-zealous cop who is now trying to cover his own *** by charging him with crimes that have no chance of ever sticking.