***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We all know this ends with charges being dropped. It still doesn't mean he wasn't somewhat at fault here.

Who drags someone 20 yards? Wouldn't you usually stop right away when you see someone hanging off your car?

Do you know how long it takes a car going even 10 mph to go 20 yards lol? Human beings run double that distance in roughly 4 seconds so you do the math.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We all know this ends with charges being dropped. It still doesn't mean he wasn't somewhat at fault here.

Who drags someone 20 yards? Wouldn't you usually stop right away when you see someone hanging off your car?

Getting out in front of being completely wrong. Smart move.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
How does someone with a name "NoCreativity" continually fabricate things out of thin air in every one of their posts?

Imagine being so worked up about this without knowing or acknowledging any actual facts and eyewitness accounts that you make 10+ posts defending cops that have a history of overreacting and doing a lot of terrible things.

Good thing Scottie wasn’t black or the Louisville cops might have killed him.

Reactions: Clonefan32

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Imagine being so worked up about this without knowing or acknowledging any actual facts and eyewitness accounts that you make 10+ posts defending cops that have a history of overreacting and doing a lot of terrible things.

All while completely ignoring the fact that Scottie is, by all accounts, an awesome guy that's never been in trouble before and undoubtedly did not purposefully disobey a copy and then "drag him 20 yards". I just love the idea that he decided to wake up today and GTA his way to the golf course.

It was a misunderstanding and the cop overreacted. Again, this is hardly an outlier within the profession.

Reactions: joefrog

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I go back to my original assertion that this poster is mad that Caitlin Clark is sucking and got mad so their response is to come and troll on Cyclone Fanatic lol.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Another cop told him to continue on. If you're a celebrity and someone jumps on your vehicle, you might not stop immediately until you process what is going on. Could be some random nut (rather than an official nut, as in this case).

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Another cop told him to continue on. If you're a celebrity and someone jumps on your vehicle, you might not stop immediately until you process what is going on. Could be some random nut (rather than an official nut, as in this case).

Now this guy has me out here doing math. Let's say he's going 10 MPH. It would take you 4 seconds to drive 20 yards at 10 MPH. 4 seconds is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to process "wait, who the **** just jumped onto my car".

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Now this angry old man has me out here doing math. Let's say he's going 10 MPH. It would take you 4 seconds to drive 20 yards at 10 MPH. 4 seconds is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to process "wait, who the **** just jumped onto my car".

I dont know about that math. I guess in a perfect world with perfect conditions. It’s dark, raining, and if he’s in the mode where there’s no reason to be hyper-aware then that changes things.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Good thing Scottie wasn’t black or the Louisville cops might have killed him.
Facts? I just read the police report. It sounds to me like the cop was trying to get him to stop because there would likely be westbound traffic in their own lane coming at him head-on at that moment.

He then was either oblivious or refused to stop for whatever reason, that still doesn't make him innocent of all responsibility.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This whole thing is silly, but this newest line of "a guy could drag someone 20yds in 4 seconds at 10mph without noticing because he's famous and maybe it's a crazed fan" is maybe the weirdest.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Facts? I just read the police report. It sounds to me like the cop was trying to get him to stop because there would likely be westbound traffic in their own lane coming at him head-on at that moment.

He then was either oblivious or refused to stop for whatever reason, that still doesn't make him innocent of all responsibility.

lol, if it’s in the police report it has to be true. We know everything else they’ve done and said has been perfectly reasonable.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This whole thing is silly, but this newest line of "a guy could drag someone 20yds in 4 seconds at 10mph without noticing because he's famous and maybe it's a crazed fan" is maybe the weirdest.

It's entirely more reasonable than thinking that a guy who has never been in trouble in his entire life chose to purposefully drag a cop for 20 yards. For the record, I never said crazed fan. But it was dark and likely chaotic, I can understand it taking a few seconds for things to compute in his head.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
LOL you think the policeman was interested in any sort of conversation. It's time to flash that badge and flex that power!
Yeah - I guess it was strange for an officer to approach a car who jumped the median and traveling on the wrong side of the road. Silly me for thinking that was normal

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah - I guess it was strange for an officer to approach a car who jumped the median and traveling on the wrong side of the road. Silly me for thinking that was normal
JFC, people are just making **** up now. There was no median. ESPN has shown the area where it happened. It was a turn lane. He was trying to go around to get into the club.

Also where are people getting 20 yards? That’s not in the police report I saw. ESPN reported around 10 yards. That’s not that far, that’s a first down.

Reactions: joefrog

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just realized that cops are probably big mad right now because their drug enforcement handout from the federal government is about to get axed in half. Be careful out there folks.