5 guys Burgers

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Most expensive burger joint I have ever been to. I have to say it was a good burger. However, if you have a family of 4 or so. Go somewhere else or pay a dollar or two more and get steaks somewhere else.

I'd take my family to Red Robin before I took them to Five Guys simply for the fact you can get more for the price (and my wife doesn't have a gallbladder so she can't eat there anyway), but yeah, every once in awhile I like me some Five Guys - and they have a joint very near my work.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
The girlfriend and I went last week, spent 30 bucks for the 2 of us and we split a fry.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'd take my family to Red Robin before I took them to Five Guys simply for the fact you can get more for the price (and my wife doesn't have a gallbladder so she can't eat there anyway), but yeah, every once in awhile I like me some Five Guys - and they have a joint very near my work.
They discriminate against people without gallbladders? That's awful.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They discriminate against people without gallbladders? That's awful.

No. Because my wife doesn't have a gallbladder, if she eats anything too fatty or greasy her stomach has a full scale riot and she's sick for days. It's not discrimination, it's self preservation.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No. Because my wife doesn't have a gallbladder, if she eats anything too fatty or greasy her stomach has a full scale riot and she's sick for days. It's not discrimination, it's self preservation.
I also do not have a gallbladder but I just power through.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I was hoping someone would say they had 5 guys last night so I could make an inappropriate joke...

Anyways, their burgers are great bit the fries are below average. Fatburger is far more expensive but I highly recommend it to anyone who had one nearby. Possibly the best burger of all time. I normally go to Freddy's Frozen Custard whenever I want a burger.

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
Be prepared to refinance your house if you go to 5 Guys. My family's experience will be a two in one, first and last. Four (4) regular single patty cheese burgers, one (1) double cheese burger with bacon, one (1) Oreo shake, one (1) large fry, one (1) pop/soda/Coke, three (3) waters for $45. The burgers were fine, not anything special, fries were mediocre, the shake was a shake, hard to screw up, the pop came out the fun 1000 option Coke machine, and the Cedar Rapids tap water was lovely.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Tried it twice and came away unimpressed. All stated above, especially terrible fries.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
BBops blows 5 Guys out of the water overall. You get twice the food for about the same quality. Even without taking money into consideration I would put BBops above 5 guys on burgers, fries, and shakes.

Yep. The 5 Guys burger MIGHT be a little better but the fries and price at B-Bops blows it out of the water. Half the price of 5 Guys.

5 Guys was on the forefront of the burger revolution. Unfortunately for them, everyone else caught up.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Be prepared to refinance your house if you go to 5 Guys. My family's experience will be a two in one, first and last. Four (4) regular single patty cheese burgers, one (1) double cheese burger with bacon, one (1) Oreo shake, one (1) large fry, one (1) pop/soda/Coke, three (3) waters for $45. The burgers were fine, not anything special, fries were mediocre, the shake was a shake, hard to screw up, the pop came out the fun 1000 option Coke machine, and the Cedar Rapids tap water was lovely.

I mean it is no Ames water but we have it pretty good.