MLB: ALCS and NLCS Previews

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Since I picked the final four correctly (toot my own horn a bit :wink:) I am going to work on some NLCS and ALCS previews, should be up tomorrow. Got some good little input from some insiders too....

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I missed on the Cubs and the White Sox. (But I had both losing in both respected conferences championship round.)

Here goes on the CS picks"

ALCS
Boston-4
Tampa Bay-2

NLCS
Philly-4
L.A. Dodgers-3 (I have a feeling this is going to be a great-great series.)

World Series
Boston-4
Philly-2

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
ALCS
Boston - 4
Tampa Bay - 3

NLCS
Dodgers - 4
Philly - 3

ESPN explodes into a Manny v. Red Sox orgy that you will see 24/7 until the series is over.

World Series
Red Sox - 4
Dodgers - 0
Just how they do things in the World Series.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
ALCS
Boston - 4
Tampa Bay - 3

NLCS
Dodgers - 4
Philly - 3

ESPN explodes into a Manny v. Red Sox orgy that you will see 24/7 until the series is over.

World Series
Red Sox - 4
Dodgers - 0
Just how they do things in the World Series.

I have to agree with this. However even if the Rays make it to the WS instead of the Sox, the result will be the same. AL sweeping the NL.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I think the Rays are a really good regular season team because of there pitching depth and defense. I don't think their top 15 on the roster they put out there is better than any of the other 3 teams though.

I think the BoSox will beat whomever they meet in the WS. Who they meet...I'm having a hard time deciding who will win that NL series, should be good.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Might want to think about that. Manny moves to DH, Pierce takes left field and bats #2, behind Furcal. That's a run scoring machine and an excellent defense.

Probably have Jeff Kent DH actually. If you DH Manny you have no reserve outfielders unless you move Blake out to LF.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Probably have Jeff Kent DH actually. If you DH Manny you have no reserve outfielders unless you move Blake out to LF.

Good thought. Although my preference as a fan would be to have Manny DH and Pierce play left. There's a reason Torre has Kent pitch-hitting, and based on previous posts of yours, I think you know why.

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines
I have to agree with this. However even if the Rays make it to the WS instead of the Sox, the result will be the same. AL sweeping the NL.

If that happens, and it very well could, that means that the Marlins (twice) the Diamondbacks and the Rays (all recent expansion teams) will have won a WS in this decade and the Cubs are still waiting after 100 years.

To me that is just unbelievable.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I have Philly winning it all over the Sox.

Philly might have the best lineup in the tournament when you add in the DH.

Philly might have the lineup, but I would say that they have the least pitching of the teams remaining. They will be able to turn Hamels around with the off days, but you even have to question him going against an opposing ace.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
If I had to guess I'd say it would go something like this

Rays - 4
Red Sox - 3

and

Dodgers - 4
Phillies - 1

For the ALCS, I think the Rays are too tough to beat at home (a place where the Red Sox have struggled). I think the home team wins every game ala the 2001 World Series.

For the NLCS, I actually think it will be a short series. I know most people are thinking it will be a great series, and I hope it is, but I think it will be short. I think either the Dodgers win in 4-5 games or the Phillies win in 4-5 games. Because I'm a Dodger fan, I picked them to win in 5. NL teams seem to be a lot more streaky in the post season as of late compared to AL teams. I hope both the NLCS and ALCS go 7 games...October baseball is great!