All About Cameron Lard

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

kcbob79clone

Funny how these threads get easily hijacked.

That said, I am cautiously optimistic about next year, even if we don't add anybody else. Lard will be worth the wait and the three freshman are all real good. There will be growing pains early on but with no additions will be a 7-10 seed in the tourney.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Having seen him play pick up ball with some of the other players (basketball and football) at Lied, I think he'll fit that 4 better than Solomon. Really smooth athlete with a good handle and jumpshot, especially for a guy his size. There's some big guys you see that are really stiff and robotic, but he's pretty fluid.
Agree. The material is there, hopefully it shines through in Big 12 games, quickly.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If i remember right, when he was in HS he was noted to be a really good rebounder and ran the floor really well. Smooth athlete. Not a lot of skill offensively but that was back in 2015. It seems as though just from some clips of his time last year at the prep that he has a better offensive game. Like others have said, he would have had many more suitors if not for academics and ISU stayed with him. They probably wouldn't have gotten him if his academics were ok.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Hopefully that rim running energy guy Steve has been looking for. Run the floor, rebound, convert easy paint touches. Looking forward to seeing how Lard and Solomon work together.

Reactions: isutrevman

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Having seen him play pick up ball with some of the other players (basketball and football) at Lied, I think he'll fit that 4 better than Solomon. Really smooth athlete with a good handle and jumpshot, especially for a guy his size. There's some big guys you see that are really stiff and robotic, but he's pretty fluid.
running-hawkeye-basketball-o.gif

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
For a long, lean, sinewy guy, "Lard" is a horrible moniker.

That's all I got on him. Except that I hope he becomes a beast.

Reactions: Doc

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

My favorite thing about these highlights is who he is playing against. Both of those games were against Advanced Prep. Their starting lineup was Trevon Duval (5-star), Terrence Ferguson (5-star), Mark Vital (4-star who redshirted last year at Baylor), Billy Preston (5-star) and a 6-11 big man who was a freshman last year at Cincinnati.

Lard is a little bit raw offensively. He plays with a lot of emotion. That is both good and bad. He's not afraid to get in people's faces or stare them down. (From the 2-3 Lard replays I watched.) My hope is that Lard averages around 6 and 5 this year.

Excited to see him play in the CCL. Yes, I'll have highlights of every player again.

Last edited:

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I just hope the kid is in the weight room. Eat a lot, lift all the time in the off season, but keep/or develop quickness. Stinson, Blalock, Fizer, Holman, etc. We have so many guys in our program's history that turned into beasts, but they put the work in. Those are the guys that took their game to a whole new level with strength.

There are guys like Burton, Stevie Johnson, Dustin Hogue, Pratt, Bankhead, that you knew were just strong. Young is probably in that group. They were undersized, but guys bounced off them. They weren't elite guys, but they just wanted it more. I want that for this kid. I feel like we've been missing that inside.