All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
125 is going to be much tougher to win this year than last year with Vito, Suriano, and Glory in there. I am not going to bet against Spencer, but if he isn't fully healthy it is going to be his toughest path to a title.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
125 is going to be much tougher to win this year than last year with Vito, Suriano, and Glory in there. I am not going to bet against Spencer, but if he isn't fully healthy it is going to be his toughest path to a title.
I don't have Rofkin but I've heard Camacho will be tough too

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did he get both ACLs repaired? Pretty much impossible to recoup both at the same time

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Yeah I dont think he had surgery on either, but would have to rely on Hawkeye insiders for the actual information. Guessing he gets them repaired after the season, takes a year off, then gets back to training for international events

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Spencer has not had either repaired (that's pretty widely known). How much it really affects him is TBD. Even hurt like he is, the only people who even have a shot are Vito, Suriano and Glory. And even with them, I put the odds at Spencer ~95% to win it all?

The dumb thing with Spencer is the way the Brands handle the situation. We all know he's hurt, we all know he's on a pitch count, so why beat around the bush and act all secretive about it? It's not like we don't know what the injury is. Just say "He's got two blown ACL's, he's not going to wrestle much at all until Big Ten's." It's that simple.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't go today against Camacho.

All this said... I ******* hate that he's a Hawk because as a wrestling fan I really like Spencer. Hopefully he get's his knees fixed and can tear up the senior level for a couple of quads.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I don't necessarily agree with this... his freshman year he beat Piccininni, Tomasello, Suriano. That bracket also had Darian Cruz, Sebastian Rivera, and Ronnie Bresser. 125 is not as good this year as it was in 2018.

Of course health is a different story.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Spencer has not had either repaired (that's pretty widely known). How much it really affects him is TBD. Even hurt like he is, the only people who even have a shot are Vito, Suriano and Glory. And even with them, I put the odds at Spencer ~95% to win it all?

The dumb thing with Spencer is the way the Brands handle the situation. We all know he's hurt, we all know he's on a pitch count, so why beat around the bush and act all secretive about it? It's not like we don't know what the injury is. Just say "He's got two blown ACL's, he's not going to wrestle much at all until Big Ten's." It's that simple.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't go today against Camacho.

All this said... I ******* hate that he's a Hawk because as a wrestling fan I really like Spencer. Hopefully he get's his knees fixed and can tear up the senior level for a couple of quads.
I am a big Spencer fan but I hate how Brands has been ducking with him his whole career. I really hope he goes today vs Camacho today

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I don't necessarily agree with this... his freshman year he beat Piccininni, Tomasello, Suriano. That bracket also had Darian Cruz, Sebastian Rivera, and Ronnie Bresser. 125 is not as good this year as it was in 2018.

Of course health is a different story.

I should clarify, I think the health factor is why it will be his toughest path to a title. A healthy Spencer Lee walks through this bracket (he is that good), but having 0 ACLs is going to make it extremely difficult.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneman003

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron