All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can you explain the logic behind this "ducking" that you frequently speak of?
Brands is notorious for ducking his wrestlers to prevent them from losing and hurting their seeding. He sits fully healthy guys often. You must be new to Iowa wrestling

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Asking Tom why CyTwins says Iowa wresters are ducking? Seemed like it made more sense to go straight to the source, but I appreciate the suggestion
No, you asked for the logic of the ducking CyTwins spoke of. That's like asking CyTwins why Kkkirk is a stone cold racist? In both cases you'd need to go to the offender if you want to know the why/ logic.

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
No, you asked for the logic of the ducking CyTwins spoke of. That's like asking CyTwins why Kkkirk is a stone cold racist? In both cases you'd need to go to the offender if you want to know the why/ logic.
You are assuming the "ducking" is a fact. And I am not, maybe that the breakdown here.

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
Brands is notorious for ducking his wrestlers to prevent them from losing and hurting their seeding. He sits fully healthy guys often. You must be new to Iowa wrestling
So the premise is, dont wrestle a guy to hurt your seeding if there is a chance you lose?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not very well then. I think your emotions might be getting in the way of rational responses. Its ok
I answered the question you asked. Not sure how that is emotional. But given your terrible comprehension skill I understand your confusion.

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
I answered the question you asked. Not sure how that is emotional. But given your terrible comprehension skill I understand your confusion.
You responded, but in no way did you answer the question i asked. Which, by the way, was not directed towards you. I would like to give you another shot to redeem yourself though...And I will modify it a bit to help you. Can you explain why "ducking" is a beneficial strategy in collegiate wrestling?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You responded, but in no way did you answer the question i asked. Which, by the way, was not directed towards you. I would like to give you another shot to redeem yourself though...And I will modify it a bit to help you. Can you explain why "ducking" is a beneficial strategy in collegiate wrestling?
So this fall Iowa is down by 7 to Indiana but score a TD as time expires. Kkkirk leaves the offense on the field. Petras scans the D then receives the snap and takes a knee. Why would you ask CyTwins why he did that?

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
So this fall Iowa is down by 7 to Indiana but score a TD as time expires. Kkkirk leaves the offense on the field. Petras scans the D then receives the snap and takes a knee. Why would you ask CyTwins why he did that?
So what you’re saying is, you can’t answer my question. I can see that you are trying hard with your football scenario (bonus points for kkkirk). And while I appreciate that, maybe it’s time for you to hit the bench as I’m worried that you are getting in the way of me getting a real answer. Still, it was nice talking with you..

Hawkeye24

Feb 18, 2021
That's Brands strategy yes
How would you get ranked highly if you didnt wrestle anyone? I mean you just can't skate through to a high seed without wrestling. Still, my troll would be that he ducks not because he thinks they will lose but because he doesnt want someone he may face later to get a chance to wrestle them and adjust to it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How would you get ranked highly if you didnt wrestle anyone? I mean you just can't skate through to a high seed without wrestling. Still, my troll would be that he ducks not because he thinks they will lose but because he doesnt want someone he may face later to get a chance to wrestle them and adjust to it.
I mean Kemerer is the unanimous #1 guy at his weight and ducked the first dual. You can't duck in postseason but Brands does it A LOT at duals. It's a bad look for the sport and even Iowa fans hate it so it's not a troll from me

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Congrats to Iowa on the shared regular season conference title. Not outright like Iowa State football but still something they can be proud of

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well Iowa might win it all now. What a terrible loss for Michigan. Prayers to Micic and his family

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just an FYI Nelson Brands got destroyed in a match and bit and scratched the kid while getting beat today. It was pretty bad

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
Just an FYI Nelson Brands got destroyed in a match and bit and scratched the kid while getting beat today. It was pretty bad
There is legitimately no proof of Brands biting, the only person who claims that is the father of the wrestler, and he’s known to start drama and stretch the truth.