Alternatives to DM Reg. Sports Coverage

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Let's say, hypothetically, that I was fed up with the anti-Cyclone/pro-hawkeye slant of the Des Moines Register, but because I live out of state I still want a quality news source web page to get my fix of ISU news, (state of) Iowa news, etc. Aside from CycloneFanatic and cyclones.com, what are other good sources of news and Iowa sports coverage on the great www?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Unfortunately besides the Ames Tribune, not really. I don't even read the DMR anymore...its just not good. I'll take CF for information over the Register every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Ya, the Register has been on my **** list ever since they canned Duffy - the best thing that ever happened to that newspaper. Now from viewing their terrible coverage of the Big 12/Big 10 story (and considering their incredibly slanted report of ISU/Iowa wrestling) I just can't read it anymore. Plus the hawk fan comments on each article are incredibly irritating.

Plus they're owned by a Georgia company anyway so its not like I will stop supporting an Iowa-based company.

Last edited by a moderator:

B Clone

Apr 16, 2006
Polk County
I recently cancelled my subscription after having it for 12 plus years. They turned more pro hawk since they purchased the Press Citizen in Iowa City. I can read what ever I want on the internet!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I know it won't be for long since the Big XII is a goner but the Omaha World-Herald has always been better for ISU sports than the DMR.