Info: An update on the launch of the new website

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys -

I hope all is well.

Just wanted to give you an update on the launch of the new website - which will include a new forum software that will directly impact you (in a very positive way) when discussing the Clones.

A quick recap to those who might have missed it the last time: We're being forced to switch from V-Bulletin (our current forum software) to XenForo for multiple reasons. The first is your security. The guys who invented V-Bulletin sold the company and then created XenForo. It's basically a more modern, easy-to-use V-Bulletin. When they sold V-Bulletin, updates began to staggar and it's really gone in the crapper. Security is now a risk and it's almost impossible to have a decent mobile site in V-Bulletin's current form.

So we are doing this now, and the site will be better off for it. Way better off. I could not be more excited.

And yes, Cy-Bookie will be back. :cool:

Timing update: I'm hoping for late next week and that we will be running at 100 percent efficiency on Monday the 25th, right before fall camp.

I'll post a more comprehensive preview for the new site that will include some thing you will all need to do after the transition. Really, the only thing you guys will need to do is individually opt in/out of the politics and rivals forums.

Everything else should transition pretty easily.

Any questions?

Thanks for all of your support guys. Love you all - well, most of you - like family.

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
Hey guys -

I hope all is well.

Just wanted to give you an update on the launch of the new website - which will include a new forum software that will directly impact you (in a very positive way) when discussing the Clones.

A quick recap to those who might have missed it the last time: We're being forced to switch from V-Bulletin (our current forum software) to XenForo for multiple reasons. The first is your security. The guys who invented V-Bulletin sold the company and then created XenForo. It's basically a more modern, easy-to-use V-Bulletin. When they sold V-Bulletin, updates began to staggar and it's really gone in the crapper. Security is now a risk and it's almost impossible to have a decent mobile site in V-Bulletin's current form.

So we are doing this now, and the site will be better off for it. Way better off. I could not be more excited.

And yes, Cy-Bookie will be back. :cool:

Timing update: I'm hoping for late next week and that we will be running at 100 percent efficiency on Monday the 25th, right before fall camp.

I'll post a more comprehensive preview for the new site that will include some thing you will all need to do after the transition. Really, the only thing you guys will need to do is individually opt in/out of the politics and rivals forums.

Everything else should transition pretty easily.

Any questions?

Thanks for all of your support guys. Love you all - well, most of you - like family.
I'll be broke the first week.

MeaslyGiantBlackfly.gif

Reactions: Doc

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,795

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Is it safe to assume that CycloneFanatic.com will be down for a period of time during the transition? I smell another "Official Cyclone Fanatic is down thread" at Hawkeye Nation! Their posters loved hosting us for a couple hours.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Probably impossible, but it would be cool if we could tie bets to games on here like Weekly College Football Survivor or mafia to CyBookie.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
With the current flood of new and recycled Hawk trolls, my question is will our ignore list carry over or will we have to recreate it? Was thinking of adding a few more, but maybe won't bother if I am just going to have to recreate it with the new site.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
JK, out with the old in with the new
ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

I smell Stansbury writing a post with vines and gifs to explain things for us dumb people

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Is it safe to assume that CycloneFanatic.com will be down for a period of time during the transition? I smell another "Official Cyclone Fanatic is down thread" at Hawkeye Nation! Their posters loved hosting us for a couple hours.

Red squadron reporting for duty.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
With the current flood of new and recycled Hawk trolls, my question is will our ignore list carry over or will we have to recreate it? Was thinking of adding a few more, but maybe won't bother if I am just going to have to recreate it with the new site.

I'm honestly not sure on that one. Will have more details later though. I'll look into it.