Another satisfied newbie here

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
hello everybody!

my name is brother bob from lake mills, iowa and was told about this site by my father. i have been to many other cyclone sites and this one by far is the best...wow!

i love all of iowa state athletics. i did not attend iowa state but my father did. he use to take one of us kids to the football games/basketball games/wrestling meets...as kids. my fondest memory has to be the 1976 beating of nebraska in ames on a very cold november day.

thanks for having me here.

brother bob

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Hi Bob! Welcome and enjoy your stay. You'll quickly find that it gets a little addicting at times:smile:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Welcome! But like they said, can be quite addicting. No matter how close you get, you are always chasing the dragon.:cute:

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
This is like Cy the magic Cardinal. You want to stay away, but you can't. jk

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Hi Bob!! It's good to have a member from Stensrud territory!! I never hear much about Maynard anymore....the last I heard he was living in Minnesota.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
HI BOB! (Everyone drinks a beer.) Nice to see another "oldster" who remembers 1976 on the board.

Do you remember Dexter Green, as well?

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
yes, i remember dexter green very well. i actually met him and several other players after the oklahoma game in '76 along with coach bruce. very impressive man! he talked to me about everything under the sun...even when other's would come over to talk with him he just excused himself and paid a lot of attention to me. my favorite memory is the mizzou game in '76...the runs he had were magical.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
yes, i remember dexter green very well. i actually met him and several other players after the oklahoma game in '76 along with coach bruce. very impressive man! he talked to me about everything under the sun...even when other's would come over to talk with him he just excused himself and paid a lot of attention to me. my favorite memory is the mizzou game in '76...the runs he had were magical.

Ah, yes. The guy had skills. I want to see his kid come here, personally.