Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Prohm wanted to be wherever the first high major school hired him. He wasn’t even our first choice. Not wanting to be fired isn’t the same as wanting to be here.

so you're for TJ?

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Would love it but have no idea why Altman would want to come here when Oregon is a much better job than ISU right now. He's winning the Pac 12 right now. Can't exactly imagine wanting to give that up to coach the worst P6 team in the country this year
I have no idea if Altman would entertain the thought of coming to Ames. However, if he would, Pollard should do everything in his power to lure him. Altman is one of the best college coaches in the nation and way more proven then even the beloved Fred. He is an ”ah shucks” midwest guy who is not motivated by the same things most other coaches. His home town is Wilber, NE, which has 1,800 residents and is about 85 miles SW of Omaha. I have no idea if he still has family in the area, but I assume he does. Maybe he would like to get back to the Midwest or maybe he is tired of the west coast. Or maybe there is nothing to this rumor. Nonetheless, Pollard would be crazy to not at least put some feelers out there to see if there was any chance whatsoever of getting Altman. IMO, it would be a Johnny Orr type hire.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
How can Pollard pay Prohm millions to just "leave" when so many have lost their jobs during this pandemic?

giphy.gif

Cyismymonkey

Jan 1, 2013
Until this year, I never thought a 2 win season was anything near possible.
When literally any game on the schedule can be a loss, and probably will, that's really bad.
When they lost to South Dakota State second game of the season I took notice. Turned out even worse than I thought possible. Completely unacceptable.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
On a side note, I truly think Coach Campbell could’ve won at least one Big 12 game with this roster. Elite coaching skills transfer.
Funny you say that, I thought the same thing earlier this year....even letting Campbell run a few practices with Prohm...but just the winning vibe of Campbell along with some drills and we get a win :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron