AP All-Time Top 100 basketball programs: Iowa 23rd, ISU 53rd

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Agreed, judging by each teams current roster, Iowa is in much better shape going forward.
Hawk fans just see a lot of seniors graduating on ISU's team, do they assume we don't have any new players coming in to replace them?

ISU's '17 recruiting class is the highest ranked in school history. 3, 4 star freshman coming in. And we still don't know who will get the remaining 4 scholarships. So, its still kind of early to make that claim that Iowa's roster is better than ISU's moving forward.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Hawk fans just see a lot of seniors graduating on ISU's team, do they assume we don't have any new players coming in to replace them?

ISU's '17 recruiting class is the highest ranked in school history. 3, 4 star freshman coming in. And we still don't know who will get the remaining 4 scholarships. So, its still kind of early to make that claim that Iowa's roster is better than ISU's moving forward.

You have to remember bring in Transfers and JUCOs is doing it the wrong way. There is also no way ISU can win only playing 8 players a game, you have to play 12 to 15 players a game.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
CONGERENCE PRIDE!!!!

I'd still rather have Wisconsin's results over the last 4 years than any Big12 teams results.

How is it "congerence" pride when Iowa State is in that 30%?

And if we are playing that game I would rather have Kentucky's success than anyone else's.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
CONGERENCE PRIDE!!!!

I'd still rather have Wisconsin's results over the last 4 years than any Big12 teams results.

I rather have Wisconsin's success as well. And it's not just conference pride, is shows that we have to face consistently better competition. We have to play 4 regular season games per year again these teams, where as some other conference play none, or maybe play a hard team once a year and skip out on others.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
CONGERENCE PRIDE!!!!

But the past four years aren't important, right? Wisconsin isn't in the Top 25 All Time!

So All Time rankings based on Top 25 rankings are the most important thing, Wisconsin's last four years are the second most important, and actual results since the turn of the century are useless. Do I have that right?

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
But the past four years aren't important, right? Wisconsin isn't in the Top 25 All Time!

So All Time rankings based on Top 25 rankings are the most important thing, Wisconsin's last four years are the second most important, and actual results since the turn of the century are useless. Do I have that right?

giphy.gif

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Fran has 0 Sweet 16's in his career. Zero. And he's almost 58
While true and it shows a gap between our level and theirs I do think many here are unfair to him. He isn't a great coach, but he is definitely a good coach that will get them to the tournament more often than not likely.

Help Support Us

Become a patron