Audi Crooks' star rises to new heights in Iowa State's 85-68 rout of top-seeded Oklahoma

The Rob Gray

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2016

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Here's an example of how impactful Audi is----at Christmas my Minnesota relatives who kind of roll their eyes at how big Iowa State fans we are (and don't follow Iowa State at all)---were talking about Audi without any of us bringing her or Iowa State up. And today, my uncle in Minnesota came in from working outside to watch the last quarter of the game. Just because of Audi.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If Audi (a) develops her 6-8 foot shot, (b) further develops her baby hook, (c) lessens the happy feet and (c) improves even more at the line...she will be a multi-time All American.

Reactions: StClone

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Audi Crooks is going to hold every ISU women’s basketball record when she is done. Special kind of talent. Reminds me of Victor Alexander with her footwork and soft hands.
Hopefully she's a better free throw shooter than Vic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
All the old school fans keep bringing up Courtney Paris so I was looking at her freshman stats.

Paris rebounding #s are crazy high right away so suggests some extra length...but everything to do with shooting and passing the ball it seems like Audi had a clearly more efficient and productive freshman season.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can you imagine if Audi becomes proficient at hard passes out to open shooters in three-point territory?

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and StClone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
All the old school fans keep bringing up Courtney Paris so I was looking at her freshman stats.

Paris rebounding #s are crazy high right away so suggests some extra length...but everything to do with shooting and passing the ball it seems like Audi had a clearly more efficient and productive freshman season.

Paris also had many rebounds off her own misses. It was common to see a few "missed layup, rebound, missed layup, rebound, made layup" sequences every game.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
To all of those that thought..."Well maybe in time or perhaps by her junior year" Audi will be ready to contribute; Aren't you glad we have this version of her and her talent already? That said, the young lady has already exceeded almost everyone's wildest initial expectations. That alone says both her own and the Cyclone WBB future is very bright moving forward.

Get those shades out and be ready folks. As the song said, we may have to wear our sunglasses at night.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To all of those that thought..."Well maybe in time or perhaps by her junior year" Audi will be ready to contribute; Aren't you glad we have this version of her and her talent already? That said, the young lady has already exceeded almost everyone's wildest initial expectations. That alone says both her own and the Cyclone WBB future is very bright moving forward.

Get those shades out and be ready folks. As the song said, we may have to wear our sunglasses at night.
Because our future's so bright we gotta wear shades.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I had hoped that she would be like Courtney's twin sister, Ashley her freshman season with the opportunity to grow into Courtney, but she exceeded Ashley level right off the bat.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA

I think that Audi loves ISU and is happy with being here - Brent and crew will have their work cut out for them as I think she will have monster offers coming in like Rocco Becht. Her personality makes her the poster child for NIL.

Reactions: Cyhig

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa

I was one of those that wasn't sure and I'm happy to eat lots of crow :) The future is bright and I'm ready for it!!

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone