Auriemma on WNBA Eligibility Age

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Until women start supporting the WNBA more that won't be changing any time soon. The media doesn't discuss this but that is the reality.

You're saying that women are at fault that women aren't more popular?

I did not realize that only men support men's sports.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

If women want women to make more money than they do currently, then yes, they do not support pro women's sports enough. Many WNBA reg season games are 60%+ empty arenas. The avg attendance at a WNBA game is 6,000.

Hilton seats nearly 15,000 if you are looking for a frame of reference.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
If women want women to make more money than they do currently, then yes, they do not support pro women's sports enough. Many WNBA reg season games are 60%+ empty arenas. The avg attendance at a WNBA game is 6,000.

Hilton seats nearly 15,000 if you are looking for a frame of reference.
14,356. It's the engineer in me.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So do the men.

Refuting that sounds like the argument that slavery was vital to southern agriculture.
Well, first they aren’t mutually exclusive so that’s irrelevant, but it’s clearly not to the same extent as evidenced by the past two years of the WBB game being driven pretty much solely by a single player.

As to your last point you just had to go ad hominem again. Couldn’t help yourself.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Largely, yes. They aren’t as interested in sports as men are, generally speaking, and that’s fine. Women want to watch other stuff. I bet if the WNBA had Bravos ratings, they’d get paid more.

To your second point, yes women choose to support men’s sports. Another irrelevant point. People’s disposable hours are finite, not unlimited and they choose to watch the men’s game in higher numbers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron