Back to fundamentals?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Quick question to all. Here are my thoughts....We are a pretty good shooting team. We are decently athletic and we have good size at all the positions....but it seems like all the areas we struggle in are the basic fundamentals of basketball. Areas of the game where you would expect us to excel, we don't.

Dribbling - I would say Christoperson and DG have the two best handles on the team. Other than that we don't have anybody on the team that I feel extremely comfortable with them putting the ball on the floor. This is a big concern for Gilstrap. He has a very solid game minus his handle

Passing- This could be broken up into many different categories. The most glaring weakness is our ability to throw a good entry pass. There were a couple times last night that Craig did a fantastic job sealing his man down low and we couldn't get him the ball. We also don't pass the ball quick enough. Seems pretty basic but the guys need to do a better job of moving the ball around. Way to much dribbling (with what I said above isn't a good thing!)

There are other very basic aspects of the game that we are not doing well right now such as screens, boxing out, and moving without the ball.

Is this just a big deal with our team or is it something that is slowly getting worse in basketball? Athletes getting better but the skills getting worse? Do people agree with this?

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
FREE THROWS
FREE THROWS
FREE THROWS
FREE THROWS

Rinse and repeat about 100 times. Per practice. I'm not joking.

REBOUNDING
REBOUNDING
REBOUNDING
REBOUNDING

If McD thinks that it's a waste of time, then he needs to forget it and pound boxing out into these freaking guys heads, cause I don't see what the rest of practice is apparently doing for these guys.