Bars for watching the Oklahoma State Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
You can get it going to Hy Vee to get your drinks for all you know. Governor opened up bars and restaurants...those places are struggling to survive. Play by the Covid rules when you're out or stay home.

You pass by someone in the store, a few seconds are shared. At a bar you spend hours mingling with the same people and their germs. Yes, you could catch it at a store, you are more likely to catch it a bar though. It's about mitigating risk for the benefit of those who only go to the grocery store and that is all they do, out of necessity. They are probably struggling to survive as well.

I feel bad for those who are struggling to put money in the bank and keep their business afloat. I feel a lot worse for those who have died because some feel money is more important than life. Do you feel as bad for the 220,000+ people that have died from this virus and for their family members or is using the excuse of keeping businesses afloat your excuse to be a selfish ass?

Oh yeah, you would be the one to give the virus to me at the grocery store.

And oh yeah, your governor is a ******* idiot.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Keg stand is a good spot, typically.

As for the rona' comments. He wasn't suggesting you guys unbolt your doors, take the bars off the windows, and climb out of your basements. You have the right to still do that. Just like he has the right to go do what he wants.

He's not telling you guys what to do, so give him a suggestion on a place to go or just STFU.

I thought suggesting watching at home WAS a suggestion. I've got some good beer at home and that's where I'll be watching.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
And I'm not trying to turn this into a rona' conversation by any means. I've generally stayed off of this website because everything turns into it and you're not allowed to have your own opinion because people like @Aclone will chastise you.

He was simply trying to ask for a recommendation and @Aclone comes on here and blasts him for that. That's not fair.
To be fair, I was 95% blasting you.

Your willful ignorance is staggering. The repeated pretense that other people are fearfully overreacting and cowering is pure jerkface.

The cycle for this disease tells us that if everyone was responsible for six weeks, we could stop it in it’s tracks. Could have done that months ago. Instead we’ve got people continuing to spread the damn thing because they “have a right” to do whatever they want to.
Most everywhere is open and the economy is in better shape now. Do you live under a rock?
We’re setting record numbers for COVID again. Do you live under a rock?

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: 83cy and harimad

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Another thread lost to COVID. I was looking forward to hearing more responses to the OP, particularly as we we go head-to-head with the Hokeyes on TV. Unfortunately, I suspect many who might have been interested in the original topic are now avoiding the thread because it has turned into another version of the same old COVID back-and-forth.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Another thread lost to COVID. I was looking forward to hearing more responses to the OP, particularly as we we go head-to-head with the Hokeyes on TV. Unfortunately, I suspect many who might have been interested in the original topic are now avoiding the thread because it has turned into another version of the same old COVID back-and-forth.

So start another thread asking about “Hokeyes” and goin’ “head to head” with them in the Spreader factory. It’s the internet, unlimited do overs. Go chase your dreams.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
To be fair, I was 95% blasting you.

Your willful ignorance is staggering. The repeated pretense that other people are fearfully overreacting and cowering is pure jerkface.

The cycle for this disease tells us that if everyone was responsible for six weeks, we could stop it in it’s tracks. Could have done that months ago. Instead we’ve got people continuing to spread the damn thing because they “have a right” to do whatever they want to.

We’re setting record numbers for COVID again. Do you live under a rock?

Posters like you need a mandatory timeout until the election is over, just insufferable - ruin every single thread. Take it to the cave so the rest of us can actually talk Cyclone athletics.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Posters like you need a mandatory timeout until the election is over, just insufferable - ruin every single thread. Take it to the cave so the rest of us can actually talk Cyclone athletics.

To be fair, the act of someone watching Cyclone athletics on a TV at a bar isn't really talking Cyclone athletics. I noticed that recruiting threads and game day threads rarely mention COVID, if at all. Because those threads are actually about athletics.

Also, talking about it doesn't necessarily make it political. This is something that effects almost every aspect of life right now and because certain politicians have decided to make it political doesn't actually make it so.

Is it people's right to go to bar to watch the game? Sure. Is it possibly irresponsible considering current events? Probably. Is it people's right to call them out on the internet? Yes. Are people justified in thinking that people who go to bars right now are less intelligent or more selfish than people who don't? Maybe?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
(Frantically searches for SpidermanWithJenniferLoveHewitt.gif)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron