Basketball new juco commit?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'll take those shooting numbers if he can slash like this in the Big 12

:eek: Seems pretty raw, but at the least should put on a show in the dunk contest.

I recall seeing a couple clips of his jump shot (can't find them now) and it doesn't look terrible. He gets great elevation and has a nice simple release but when you're elevating that much it's easy for your balance to get out of whack.

I wouldn't expect him to be super ready to play this year, but who knows. Reminds me a little of Mike Taylor (just wanted to run the gamut on the comps :)) without the good jump shot.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Let's all just be willing to admit that this spring we're striking out on nearly all of our top priority recruits. We did get Shayok of course, but he won't help us this year. Outside of him, we're now grasping at straws.

CSP and staff have been on this guy for almost a year by the scant articles out there. I don't know if "striking out" is the right term but seeing as this staff has options none of us thought leads me to believe (I have full faith and confidence that this staff is light years ahead of where the critical fan thinks they are) they have a plan in place and are finding the parts that fit - not casting a wide net hoping for a random "yes".

Reactions: psychlone99

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Right now we have 9 scholarship players, so using NFL draft jargon, we need to sign the best available talent vs. signing guys with the ideal skill-set. We need Big12 caliber players regardless of position.

Cole-Johnson has a Big12 ready body, solid scorer and played to his strength as a slasher. I see the 2017/18 Clones being being an attacking offensive, solid rebounding and tough defensive team. IMO Coach Prohm is smart enough to maximize his kids talents.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Let's all just be willing to admit that this spring we're striking out on nearly all of our top priority recruits. We did get Shayok of course, but he won't help us this year. Outside of him, we're now grasping at straws.

With that being said, this doesn't mean that all of the guys we do get won't be good or be able to help us out. It just means we aren't getting the top guys we wanted. There's a decent chance that we'll only be adding Cole-Johnson and Beverly at this point for the upcoming season. Neither one is a shooter, but more slasher type guys. It would be a bit worrisome IMO if we aren't adding any shooters for this year, but so be it.

This year just might be an NIT year, but we can always hope that we outperform expectations and make the NCAA tourney.

Missing on Juiston really hurt, but I think getting one of Brown or Morrow would make the recruiting period a success. I'd like to think we still have a 50/50 shot on getting one of those two.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I love juco kid raw athletic ability to score but we can get these types of kids anytime..

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
heard a rumor from a friend supposedly in the know that we landed a juco. Here's the problem, don't know who it is...I couldn't get any more info out of him other than he's good and had academic issues... that's all I know. Curious if anyone has heard anything??? I guess we will find out soon enough..
Trollololol! Good job!

Reactions: isutrevman